My map has a Black/Blank loading screen.

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

callmeRhen
Newcomer

My map has a Black/Blank loading screen.

Post by callmeRhen »

Hi! I'm a new filipino member here.
And i think i like this site because of it's contents and it helps me a lot in terms of editing Warcraft 3 maps.

Anyways, one of my biggest problem now is my loading page.
i actually edit a JPEG image into adobe and convert it to blp and mdx just to be my loading screen image.
But apparently, the image won't appear and it turns black when i use it.
I use all the methods of making loading screen, all the tutorials won't work even in Oral tutorials in youtube.
What do i need to do just to make this loading screen completely visible?
Please help me.

Thanks
Syre
Forum Staff

Re: My map has a Black/Blank loading screen.

Post by Syre »

Do you mind posting the map that your trying to insert it into? It would help us see what the problem is.
callmeRhen
Newcomer

Post by callmeRhen »

Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

I should have re-read what you said..probably would have saved some time. I believe i found out whats wrong, easiest way to fix it is to just start over..i promise ill make it quick. Before we start though, go into World Edit and remove the LoadingScreen.mdx file that you inserted.

Now, its probably best we start with a clean JPEG of the image that you downloaded, if you dont have a backup copy you will need to redownload it. Resize the image to 512x512 and save it as a .BLP for the quality choose somewhere between 70-75. Then download the LoadingScreen.mdx file that is attached to this post, its just a blank model used for the screen.

Now, last time you changed the BLP to an MDX right? Well don't do that this time, instead open up World Editor and import both the LoadingScreen.mdx and the BLP of the picture. Change the custom path of the MDX to "LoadingScreen.mdx" and change the BLP name to "FullScreen.blp".

Finally go into the Map Loading Screen option under Scenario, click Use Imported File and select LoadingScreen.mdx. Thats it, test it out and see if it works.

LoadingScreen.mdx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callmeRhen
Newcomer

Post by callmeRhen »

Can i have a favor? Sure thing as i see is your skill in GFX/Image Editing. One thing is i'm so tired of checking for the solution now i don't have enough time to edit a new loading screen. Can you make some Loading Screen for me please ? Then i will try what you've said. I don't have enough time because i currently having a problem making/re-making this map, and if i will add Loading Screen Image Edit to my work it will make my brain malfunction. ROFL~ If you can help me here are the some things i wanted my loading screen to be:

Background Image : http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/ ... 368skq.jpg
My image ( to put anywhere it fits/compatible ) : https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9840_n.jpg

Under the Background Image will be the name of the map : Legend of the Dragon v1000 2012(Re-make)
Below the name of the map is the re-maker/makers name : callmeRhen

Then if you wanted put your name below the loading page/image that you've edited giving credit to your work.
And also under/below your credits/name put : forum.wc3edit.net for our site promotion.
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

Oh god, i haven't used photoshop in quite some time..here's a quick edit, mostly just to show its working. I didn't add the credits since i did poorly and you should probably swap it out with something better later on. I couldn't add the title under the background image since the loading bar is there, so i placed it above and i put your name under the bar. To save space its a bit blurry too.

Legend Of The Dragon v10000edit.w3x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callmeRhen
Newcomer

Post by callmeRhen »

GJ Sir! Can i have the psd file or something that i can edit for this loading screen i will just change it font and make it more radiant. But nice job sir, i appreciate your work!
callmeRhen
Newcomer

Post by callmeRhen »

What about the Essence here? How to make it? I will just explain it first, it's an item that when you bring into the altar makes you a New hero.
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

Yeah sure, i added it as an attachment. For the essence, im not entirely sure since the map has been deprotected and i understand virtually no jass but its probably something like this..i believe.

Code: Select all

Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Entering unit) has an item of type Essence) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Pause (Entering unit)
        Unit - Hide (Entering unit)
        Unit - Create 1 callmeRhen for (Owner of (Entering Unit)) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item carried by (Entering unit) in slot (Integer A))) and give it to (Last created unit)
                Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Entering unit) in slot (Integer A)))
        Unit - Remove (Entering unit) from the game

hell_demon_by_neraias-d368skq.zip

Edit : It would also be a good idea to add a condition to check if the entering unit was a hero or not..just to make sure nobody cheats it.
callmeRhen
Newcomer

Post by callmeRhen »

Do i need it to be my trigger or i will just add it using jasscraft ?