[Request] Guitar Hero on wc3

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

good idea?

yes
70%
no
23%
undecided
7%

Total votes: 30

Rich Kane

Re: [Request] Guitar Hero on wc3

Post by Rich Kane »

Any ideas for a first 'rock' song
must be short as its a test beta map, to test inital entusiasm. and posts should have a link to a high quality version of the song on youtube / veoh ect.
not too much going on in the song as the players must be able to hear their part in it and know when to react.

After i insert this song and finish the 12 player slots + test all triggers and functions i will require a couple beta testers that will play on europe server with me.

any and all suggestions welcome to help make the game more public friendly. Credits will be included for any help that is included in the final design or testing.

Got models, all is working smoothly and i think this will turn out to be successful but i require a someone who knows how to tell me how to change the minimap image that people see when joining/hosting the game from the standard map to the load screen map for example

and also i need to know what format / how to convert a picture into a valid background for a warcraft 3 map loading screen.

last thing i will need is how to force players before the map is loaded to press any key - many maps have this but i never figured out how to do it.

after you finish loading 'press the any key to continue' - how do i force that to be completed by the players?
Arabidnun
Forum Staff
Title: Gui Expert

Post by Arabidnun »

I myself believe this thread to be dead...However...

If anyone would like to continue this idea, I would actually like to take on this challenge!
Anyone Wc3edit members who would want to contribute to this map such as:

Models, Test music, Trigger Ideas, Mdx files/Images, or anything else

Please, feel free to pm me Or Message me through a messenger.

I will not take up this project unless somone else is interested in beta testing/contributions
patrick-the-bomb
Title: Sir Awesome

Post by patrick-the-bomb »

Personally, I thought of this before too, but I suck at editing. lol

I think you should let everyone play at once, and have the notes hit = gold. Player with the most gold at the end wins. of course. Also, put in combos for like 20, 30, and 40 note streaks with 2x, 3x, and 4x gold respectively.

I would definitely play this if I saw it on Bnet. lol
Kierien
Newcomer

Post by Kierien »

I searched "guitar" on EpicWar and found about 4 ghero maps on it..

But what i find wierd is that one has the name "wc3 edit" in it.

http://epicwar.com/maps/62536/

Go see for yourself

I havnt tried the maps personally.
matchai
Forum Staff

Post by matchai »

I was thinking maybe there could be alleys with fixed cameras so you can only see the alleys and there could be creeps skinned as arrows or colors or w/e you want going down and when they pass a line of grass (if the rest is dead land) they will have to press the button or w/e
Zesta

Post by Zesta »

gd luck with the map
cant help with anything but supporting u guys