HOWTO: Unprotecting, Editing, and Cheating Maps. (GUI)

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

xjunx

Re: HOWTO: Unprotecting, Editing, and Cheating Maps. (GUI)

Post by xjunx »

Triggering is very easy for me, hopefully it can be easy to follow my instructions :]
Go into the trigger editor Module \ Trigger Editor (F4) Now hopefully theres some little white documents already as well as a yellow folder inside of your trigger editor already, if there isnt, your map has no triggers, either xdep didnt restore them, or you unprotected a melee map, if they have triggers, it should look something like this.
Now then, lets create a new trigger, a blank white page, by selecting New \ Trigger (Ctrl+T). You may name this trigger whatever you want, I suggest, naming it something like what we will be doing with triggers within it, Like, Gold, or something
Once you have created a new trigger and renamed it, it will look something like this, when you click on it.

if xdep didnt restore them,what should i do? :?
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

if xdep fails, work externally.
Itachiro
Newcomer
Title: Do a barrel roll

Post by Itachiro »

Hey I'm pretty new to deprotecting and all, but I did manage to deprotect it, but while loading the map in the editor theres like way too many regions and it takes forever to load. Any idea what this is indicating? An error I made? Something to reduce this? Its not that big of a map, and its protected version was 1022kb this deprotected version is 1056kb.
Durchdringen
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

May have a lot of regions for triggers to do things. Also if your computer doesn't have a fast processor or much ram then it may take a while to load as well. But an increase of 30 kb seems about right for your deprotection.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Itachiro
Newcomer
Title: Do a barrel roll

Post by Itachiro »

Strange, it wouldn't be RAM as my comp has 2gigs of it but... the regions numbers is like in the trillions if not even higher...

I'm quite sure the map isn't that filled with triggers. It has some but its nothing compaired to some maps... Also I'm trying to get this map because the owner of it apparently gave up on it a while ago because he "lost" the unprotected ver. So I feel like editing the map myself since he probably just got lazy but I can't do it >.>
Well I'll keep trying.. tell me if you know whats wrong..
TheMappenator
Newcomer

Post by TheMappenator »

Ugh...I cant use MPQRecoverer. I need it too because Xdep says that there were still files with unresolved filenames after I finished. I can't access the folder-with-the-magnifying-glass button. It gets cut off by the side of the window :( .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

TheMappenator wrote:Ugh...I cant use MPQRecoverer. I need it too because Xdep says that there were still files with unresolved filenames after I finished. I can't access the folder-with-the-magnifying-glass button. It gets cut off by the side of the window :( .

What're you looking for inside the map?
Durchdringen
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

TheMappenator wrote:Ugh...I cant use MPQRecoverer. I need it too because Xdep says that there were still files with unresolved filenames after I finished. I can't access the folder-with-the-magnifying-glass button. It gets cut off by the side of the window :( .

Maybe try downloading a new copy and see if that works. I don't know why it would cut it off like that, that's very odd :?
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!
Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Sepharael
Forum Staff
Title: Legendary Angel

Post by Sepharael »

How does that even happen? Thats never happened to me.
TheMappenator
Newcomer

Post by TheMappenator »

1. Maybe my resolution changes the sizes of some items on the GUI so that they dont fit on the window.

2. Maybe my computer doesnt like the GUI.