wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 5:36 am 
Newcomer

Map: Hyperion Legend RPG 1.0b

Link: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hyperion-legend-rpg-1-0b.179298/

Request: Can I ask for a deprotection to this map? I made this map 8 years ago and wanted to continue it, but the hard drive containing the original unprotected map file bit the dust. I just gave up on it, but now that Warcraft 3 is starting to get updates I kind of wanted to continue it.

I can't actually remember which tool I used to protect it, I have to apologize on that. Although I'm sure it's not impossible since someone actually pirated my map, deleted all traces of my name and replaced it with his, along with replacing models for some arbitrary reason. He also renamed it "Hyperion Legend 2 online", which was just balls.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me on this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 6:41 pm 
Also Not an Admin, but closer than devoltz

Title: Just Another S.Mod
jmx773 wrote:
Map: Hyperion Legend RPG 1.0b

Link: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hyperion-legend-rpg-1-0b.179298/

Request: Can I ask for a deprotection to this map? I made this map 8 years ago and wanted to continue it, but the hard drive containing the original unprotected map file bit the dust. I just gave up on it, but now that Warcraft 3 is starting to get updates I kind of wanted to continue it.

I can't actually remember which tool I used to protect it, I have to apologize on that. Although I'm sure it's not impossible since someone actually pirated my map, deleted all traces of my name and replaced it with his, along with replacing models for some arbitrary reason. He also renamed it "Hyperion Legend 2 online", which was just balls.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me on this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 3:00 am 
Newcomer

Hi, thanks for the help...and also a quick question.

The triggers are empty when I load the map to any version of the World Editor, so I tried digging up a bit and found out that all the triggers are in the "war3map.j" file. I also heard that this is the result of the protection method I used, basically severing the link between the triggers and World Editor.

I can edit the file in Notepad and proceed normally, but this makes triggering much more challenging.

Is there really no way to have the triggers back in World Editor or even a way to jam the "war3map.j" back to World Editor, at all?

(I asked this question here first because the Hive Workshop seriously hates anything related to deprotecting maps, it would seem)

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 3:20 am 
Forum Staff

jmx773 wrote:
Hi, thanks for the help...and also a quick question.

The triggers are empty when I load the map to any version of the World Editor, so I tried digging up a bit and found out that all the triggers are in the "war3map.j" file. I also heard that this is the result of the protection method I used, basically severing the link between the triggers and World Editor.

I can edit the file in Notepad and proceed normally, but this makes triggering much more challenging.

Is there really no way to have the triggers back in World Editor or even a way to jam the "war3map.j" back to World Editor, at all?

(I asked this question here first because the Hive Workshop seriously hates anything related to deprotecting maps, it would seem)
It can be restored, but we do not do that process, too much time consuming (think about months).

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 3:56 am 
Newcomer

I'm guessing you mean re-creating all triggers in world editor and linking them back to the units/items manually one by one using the "war3map.j" file as a reference, since you also said "time consuming".

So there really is no way to have this automated or done in a quicker way, apparently.

I bet this is also the reason why the guy who pirated my map only got so far as to change the hero models and mass "CTRL+F" and replace all traces of my name on the "war3map.j" file then uploaded it, without changing anything on the triggers at all.

Oh well, guess this map's not getting revived after all.

Thanks anyway.