Item drops and the Gui [Help please]

For fulfilled maps that most likely don't work on the latest patch (1.24 or later).

Moderator: Cheaters

darkxion

Item drops and the Gui [Help please]

Post by darkxion »

Alright next question! (seriously gonna have to write a lil guide with all this knowledge when i'm done *laugh* Is there any way from the gui to make a creep drop an item? I'm trying to get specific items into the protected map i'm messing with, either off creep drops or just placed, learning all this one step at a time XD thanks a bunch!
namespoofer
V.I.P.

Post by namespoofer »

Wrong section, I'll move this to the right section...
Doesn't Dekar make the world easier?

"I Wumbo. YOU Wumbo. He she me.. WUMbo. Wumbo; WumboING; WumBOLogy; the study of WUMBO. It's first grade, Spongebob!"
"I'm sorry I doubted your great wisdom Patrick!"

Catch me on Azeroth (U.S. East) - NameSpoofer
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

An option is to find the function in the map that creates all pre-placed items and inserting it there or cause the item to be created in a trigger that runs on map initialization.
Bartimaeus²

Re: Item drops and the Gui [Help please]

Post by Bartimaeus² »

darkxion wrote:Alright next question! (seriously gonna have to write a lil guide with all this knowledge when i'm done *laugh* Is there any way from the gui to make a creep drop an item? I'm trying to get specific items into the protected map i'm messing with, either off creep drops or just placed, learning all this one step at a time XD thanks a bunch!

What kind? Like, any creep, or a single creep, if a single creep, I'll write it here:

Events: Unit - (Unit Name) (Unit Number) <gen> Dies
Conditions:
Actions: Set (Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and (Whatever number))
If ((Your Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - Create (Item) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering))) else do (Item - Create (Whatever you want) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering unit)))

Or:

Events: Unit - ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> Dies
Conditions: ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> is dead) Equal to True
Actions: Set (Your Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and
(Another Number))
If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item)

If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item) can be used multiple times, just change the Equal to 1 to Equal to 2/3/4/5/6/7 or whatever and change the items to whatever.

Is this what you wanted?
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Re: Item drops and the Gui [Help please]

Post by Aero »

Baertaemias wrote:
darkxion wrote:Alright next question! (seriously gonna have to write a lil guide with all this knowledge when i'm done *laugh* Is there any way from the gui to make a creep drop an item? I'm trying to get specific items into the protected map i'm messing with, either off creep drops or just placed, learning all this one step at a time XD thanks a bunch!

What kind? Like, any creep, or a single creep, if a single creep, I'll write it here:

Events: Unit - (Unit Name) (Unit Number) <gen> Dies
Conditions:
Actions: Set (Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and (Whatever number))
If ((Your Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - Create (Item) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering))) else do (Item - Create (Whatever you want) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering unit)))

Or:

Events: Unit - ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> Dies
Conditions: ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> is dead) Equal to True
Actions: Set (Your Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and
(Another Number))
If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item)

If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item) can be used multiple times, just change the Equal to 1 to Equal to 2/3/4/5/6/7 or whatever and change the items to whatever.

Is this what you wanted?

I don't entirely think this is what he's asking. I think he just wants to simulate the equivlent to having an item pre-placed in the map. It could be done by creep drop but there's an easier way.
darkxion

Post by darkxion »

Sorry for the confusion, after re-reading my own question, it did sound a bit retarded and I can see why it seemed vague.

I'm editing different things in a protected map via extracting files with mpqmaster, and importing them into a blank map than reinserting them.
The problem being i'm uncertain how to, in this way, make an item drop, or pre-place it on the map.
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

you can make a item table for units and they can drop things, otherwise with triggers it shouldn't be too hard =/
darkxion

Post by darkxion »

Hm..ok...I just have one question in that case, where do I get the numbers for units and items to use in the triggers?
Bartimaeus²

Post by Bartimaeus² »

How do you attach an item table to a unit?
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

darkxion wrote:Hm..ok...I just have one question in that case, where do I get the numbers for units and items to use in the triggers?

In the war3map.w3u (extract it, then import it in the object editor and then select view + view raw data)
Baertaemias wrote:How do you attach an item table to a unit?

well it has to be preplaced, thus why I gave the option of triggers too... but then I think you just double click it..