wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Find Rect on Map
PostPosted: September 9th, 2016, 8:39 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Hey,

Is there an easy way to identify where a rectangle (for trigger detection) is on the map? I'm trying to find the tier-up for a map that I'm playing, but it's not designed well on the map itself, so I don't know where it is; I only know the rectangle coordinates from looking into the JASS code.

Edit: Without having to deprotect the map

Solution:
So, I made a pretty hacky solution, and I just displayed the unit's X and Y coordinates after using the -tele command from JJ's CP. I'll include the JASS code if anyone wants to snatch it.

Code:
call DisplayTextToPlayer(p2p,0,0,"Test: X:"+R2S(GetUnitX(u2u))+" Y:"+R2S(GetUnitY(u2u)))

Post subject: Re: Find Rect on Map
PostPosted: September 13th, 2016, 12:21 pm 

Title: Nooby ;)
In case someone have curiosity and want search a rect/region in a deprotected map I made an easy three steps guide to search a rectangle or region.

1.Search the rect you want to find in the map with jass (or any text editor), commonly called gg___rct056 or so or find the function RECT (A,B,C,D) where ABCD are numbers, like the img.
2.place any rect in world editor (with the map opened) and modify the values according to the rect you want to locate. (watch out, the order isn't the same, 2nd and 3rd number are swapped).
3.double click to the rect to see wherever it is
In this example, the rect it's the place where you begin/respawn or load a character in this map.

Hope it helps and if someone have any questions or need help about a step I will try to solve it.