mac

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

leosbryn
Newcomer

mac

Post by leosbryn »

probably a dumb question but doing this type of stuff probably would be best on a pc right?

i have a mac and i cant even get winrar on it to open jass and mpq

[merged]
also got another question. why is it when i open maps folder i see only one footmen frenzy v5.4 -ar but when i go to create a game in wc3 theres like six of them?

i followed the guide for inserting a cheat pack to footmen frenzy v5.4 -ar and one of the maps work but i dont know if it was my doing or if it was one someone else already did that i happened to d/l from before
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Re: mac

Post by Senethior459 »

Don't doublepost, just edit your previous post, please!

This type of stuff is definitely better done on a PC. The tools we use are designed on Windows; I've only seen 2 tools designed for Mac.

As for your second question, it's because you have multiple copies of that map. It may look like you only have one, but the filename has nothing to do with the name of the map.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
leosbryn
Newcomer

Post by leosbryn »

if they are only copies then why are a couple of the loading screens different? maybe im not explaining clearly enough.

in the actual c://programfiles/warcraftIII/maps/downloads folder there is only one map named footmen frenzy v5.4 -ar

when i log into the game and go to create, it shows me maybe eight different maps named footmen frenzy v5.4 -ar

my question is... how do i know which map i put the cheat pack into?
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

There is no C:\ on mac XD
You have probebly subfolders containing the maps inside your downloads folder.
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Or, the maps are all named Footmen Frenzy, but their filenames aren't. The name you see when you go to create a game in WC3 is DIFFERENT from the filename. They don't have to match. I could have a Footmen Frenzy with a filename of 26453.w3x, it will still show up as Footmen Frenzy in WC3.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
leosbryn
Newcomer

Post by leosbryn »

i dont understand but its okay the map works with the cheat pack, thats all that matters. thank you for the help