my Wc3 and W.E crashes for no reason and strange causes

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

gudson
Title: Smile

my Wc3 and W.E crashes for no reason and strange causes

Post by gudson »

Im making a campaign and using abilities with triggers so whenever i play an ability testing map if i attack a certain unit (Blood Mage Level 50 (max lvl)) it crashs with a "FATAL ERROR!" this is a problem that i was astonished to run into and completely dont understand it, it used to be fine but after i edited the map some more the crash arose. When i edited it all i did was import some models and icons and bind them to some characters. After the first 2 times it crashed from this problem i did some more editting and when going over models in a model change selection box it would crash instantly with a "send error report" message box. Im hoping someone can tell how to fix this or at least tell me why its happening.

I tried deleting the blood mage and replacing him but the problem persists.

EDIT:
The blood mage crashes the game because the model for his attack missle crashes WE the same way the others do so when the blood mage tries to attack it crashes.

EDIT:
I recently teseted one of the imprted models and it fucks up the entire map, so i got rid of the model but the problem doesnt go away. i now know the cause just dont know how to fix it.
Last edited by gudson on July 24th, 2008, 1:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: my Wc3 and W.E crashes for no reason and strange causes

Post by Bartimaeus »

gudson wrote:Im making a campaign and using abilities with triggers so whenever i play an ability testing map if i attack a certain unit (Blood Mage Level 50 (max lvl)) it crashs with a "FATAL ERROR!" this is a problem that i was astonished to run into and completely dont understand it, it used to be fine but after i edited the map some more the crash arose. When i edited it all i did was import some models and icons and bind them to some characters. After the first 2 times it crashed from this problem i did some more editting and when going over models in a model change selection box it would crash instantly with a "send error report" message box. Im hoping someone can tell how to fix this or at least tell me why its happening.

Are you using regular World Editor, or Unlimited?
gudson

Post by gudson »

im using regular, from what ive herd i dont trust unlimited. btw is there some kind of update for WE that doesnt come with the wc3 patch?
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

gudson wrote:im using regular, from what ive herd i dont trust unlimited. btw is there some kind of update for WE that doesnt come with the wc3 patch?

No idea, but if it was Unlimited, I would've said that it corrupted your map. But since you're not...idk.
Ozzapoo
The Flying Cow!

Post by Ozzapoo »

It's probably got to do with patch .22
Visit Ozzapoo.net, my blog and the home of AutoCP and Cheatpack Detector!
AutoCP3 now available for free!
gudson

Post by gudson »

it doesnt happen to any of my other maps, i'd export everything into another map but then i'd have to reset all my import file paths again. is there someway around this?
Rich Kane

Post by Rich Kane »

try just reimporting the specific model in question, if its still crashing change that model into a normal unit and see if it crashes. if it does crash its not the model, otherwise check the paths / get a new model.
gudson

Post by gudson »

i've tried that and it doesnt help and the model will work in other maps
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Export all your stuff from MPQMaster from your map, and put it in a new one, and see the results.
gudson

Post by gudson »

i cant download MPQeditor from this site, and the one i have is either outdated or corrupt because it wont import the files at all.