Question regarding spell animations

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Regno

Question regarding spell animations

Post by Regno »

Hello,

I'm just wondering if its possible for me to take a ''custom spell animation'' from my Map 1 to copy paste it to my other map, Map 2?

Example:

Spell 1 with Animation that looks like a shooting dragon
Spell 2 with Animation that looks like a shooting dog

Copy Spell 1 with the shooting dragon, paste it into Spell 2, overwriting shooting dog

Result:
Spell 2 with the animation: Shooting Dragon

Is this possible? I can't find a tutorial for this, if there is one I must totally suck at finding the correct thread.

One more thing, does the animation spell have a file, like ''.mdx'' format? If that is the case, can't I just take the .mdx and overwrite it with the other .mdx file?

Thanks.
othman

Re: Question regarding spell animations

Post by othman »

Regno

Post by Regno »

Thanks, will be taking a look at it! Just hope you linked the correct thread now, so I'm not wasting time. (:
othman

Post by othman »

Regno wrote:Thanks, will be taking a look at it! Just hope you linked the correct thread now, so I'm not wasting time. (:

Lol can't u see the title by just opening the link?

Don't worry I'm trustworthy :lol: :lol:
XD!

Post by XD! »

You can right click on the link, "copy link location" then check that link. Some forums automatically shorten the link, but there are some ways to modify it [I knew before, you can check my old posts even, but I forgot... google is ur friend] while some do not.

@topic
I've done this with a shinra tensei copy pasted on a star wars map and made it to a force push unleashed :)