wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: September 12th, 2021, 1:04 am 

Title: Demonoid Hacker
Map: Tribute_Reforged_0.67a_beta
Request: JJ CP
Infor: The .j is the second largest file but I cant seem to get it to save, I also can't manage to compile a listfile capable of revealing the names of all the files, and i've tried everything, spent all day reading tutorials.

I'm asking it to be cheated, but really what I need is to know how you managed to get the .J to save, and also, what was the thought process behind finding the location for the endglobals, as there are no end globals in the .j.

i've cheated lots of maps but that was 10 years ago and everything seems to have changed, the tutorials most of them are from back then too, any help to push me in the right direction would be appreciated. Also what tools did you use to cheat this? I've used every tool I have and downloaded new ones from tutorials on this website and still havnt had much progress.

link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/efdaikoi ... a.w3x/file
(its too big to upload here, as this website times out too quickly)

PostPosted: September 12th, 2021, 1:34 am 
Also Not an Admin, but closer than devoltz

Title: Just Another S.Mod
1º) There's no .j file but .lua file. Some reforged maps use .lua.

2º) In order to be able to edit, use the MPQOld (korean chinese and normal with read-only) version provided here:
tutorials-cheatpacks-f80/insert-a-cp-cc-enable-sp-deprotect-rc-t34777.html
(so I guess you didn't read that one or didn't pay attention for some details...)

3º) I can't assure you if that edit will work (I don't have reforged) so you'll have to test. I'll provide you the edited .lua file so all you have to do is to change that file there by using the MPQ version which I said above.

4º) Sometimes you'll never get a complete listfile from an MPQ, that's completely normal.

ACT: -wc3edit

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2021, 2:37 am 

Yes I was already using that one, but was still unable to make any changes to files not included in the listfile.
More reading tutorials is what lead me to believe it was in fact the listfile preventing me from making changes, and, using the same mpqeditor combined with your list file i was able to successfully replace the file with yours. So it was definitely your listfile that made the difference.

While it was successful, the edit didn't work, and the map can't be read by wc3. But at least I can make actual changes with this list file. I didn't see any tutorial on inserting cheatpacks into .lua, do you happen to know where I should look?

edit: I've looked over the lua and I understand how you placed things, I do have two questions if you'd be so kind: My JJ cp I got from here says NULL but the one you put says NIL, and NIL is in line with the rest of the .lua. So is NILL just lua, and thus, is more appropriate to use here? And my next question is, perhaps your edit works, and my problem is that I havn't found the Attributes file to delete? Perhaps its one of the hidden once I havn't revealed through listfile?

PostPosted: September 12th, 2021, 4:35 am 

.lua is recent so there are no tutorials about inserting a cheatpack into it.

.j (jass) uses null meanwhile .lua uses nil.

There's no need to delete attributes file.

I don't know why it didn't work. Try this one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2021, 3:09 pm 

I'll explain exactly whats happening and what i'm doing
1) Your first .lua yielded a yellow ! mark when I try to load the map, the map appears to show up, teams seem correct but I can't change teams or anything and can't start the map. So it's a bust.
2) The new .lua you provided doesn't load anything, everything is blank and says "undefined/undefined" on map details. Then it yields a yellow ! mark as well.
3) My exact procedure:
a) Open mpqeditor OLD capable of editing read only content
b) delete war3map.lua
c) drag and drop new war3map.lua (I have tried copy pasting the contents and just overwriting/saving to the one already inside but that didnt change anything.
d) I close mpqeditor so I dont get some weird "file in use" error
e) Yes I am using your listfile

So now that i've clarified my exact movement, maybe you can see something i'm doing wrong?
From reading tutorials, some you even wrote, it says sometimes this can mean collisions are occuring, but since this is .lua I doubt its the case, but what do you think? Should i be using Jasscraft to copy your .lua and paste it over the native .lua in jasscraft and save it, would that make any difference (some tutorials reccomend jasscraft some reccomend notepad ++ which is what im using, shouldnt matter but maybe it does?) And my last idea is maybe its suddenly too big? 159 mb vs 158 mb, shouldnt make any difference but maybe warcraft 3 can only handle 160 mb? idk.

I tried moving around the globals to be inside/below init globals and that didnt work either.
I want to thank you for your help thus far, this is new but its starting to feel familiar again.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2021, 8:47 pm 

Your procedure is just fine, there's nothing wrong. The code which I implemented is the issue I think.

I don't think there are collisions. Keep using notepad++ since it's lua. Could you try this one?

Also, could you test this map? It's lua too:
post208425.html#p208425

PostPosted: September 13th, 2021, 2:04 am 

I tested both, and both gave me the same error. Yellow ! mark with no map data being loaded.
I did notice that while trying to copy your .lua and paste it inside the native .lua and then saving it in the mpq, it doesnt take. sometimes i can drag/drop sometimes i cant. so the method i've had to use is delete, add file.

I also tried just extracting the .lua, deleting it, then reinserting it with no changes, just to see if the map would break just by removing it because some maps used to do that, but, it didnt break anything. so its not the act of making changes causing the issue.

Edit: I went ahead and downloaded an older version of the same map, and tried to cheat it, placing the globals end globals and function main in the exact location that you did on the map i uploaded, thinking maybe there'd be a change in code that makes it easier. nope, same result.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2021, 3:12 am 

This one will work for sure. Have fun.