How to: Build a spell book

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Sir-Tanks
Forum Spammer
Title: Strange old man

How to: Build a spell book

Post by Sir-Tanks »

Ok this is my first guide so you might need to bare with me :D

1) ok firstly we need to make our spell book so, go into the object editor and go:
Abilities > Special > Items > Spell book and copy that. Then paste it and it will appear in the Custom section.

2) We need to make our abilities for the Unit section. To be able to add abilites you need to have them all as "Unit Abilities" which you do this by finding the section called "Hero Ability" Make that false as well as the "Item Ability".

3) Now we need to start adding abilities. Go to the section called "Data - Spell List" and add the abilities you want such as "Holy Revelation". Now go to the option called "Maximum Spells" and make that the number of abilities that you have. Finally go to the section called "Shared Spell Cooldown" and change it to false unless you wish to keep the combined spell cooldown.

4) Now that we have our spell book we need to add it to a hero! Go to the "Units" tab and find the Hero you wish to add it to. Now add the spell book to the list and you now have a fully functioning spell book!

(Optional) 5) If you wish to have a spell book which layers on over the levels you get like in defi4nc3's then read on. Now that you have your spell book find the section called : "Levels" and add as many levels as you wish to have.

(Optional) 6) Now go to the spell list and you will see there is now X number of extra sections. Simply add the abilities you want each level. Now go to the section called "Stats - Level skip requirement" and make the level what ever level you want until the next ability is added :D

(Optional) 7) Finally, go to the section called "Base Order ID" and copy the "spellbook" all the way down". Now you should have a fully functioning spell book!
Sir-Tanks is BACK and working on his new map Acts of War!
Take the best Stupidity test here
colmo
V.I.P.
Title: Wc3 is for Nerds!!!!

Re: How to: Build a spell book

Post by colmo »

Great guide very good job i was just about too post a topic for help on making spellbooks too so tyvm 8)
...................................................................................................................

[blinking]How Do You Like Me Now? Also Im Going To Capitolize Every Word That I Type From Now On Just To Be Annoying.[/blinking]
Joshsta818

Post by Joshsta818 »

nice guide, diddent get to read it all..but if you wanted to save/load the spells, cus like ..my maps like master crafters and when a person picks up a spell they can learn it jus like in mc..but i wouldnt no how to save the spell inside of the book lol u know what i mean?
WhiteSkidMaul Wars
~Now Gone Superspeed!~
weirdone2
Forum Staff

Post by weirdone2 »

If they save the spellbook, the spellbook contains all the spells allready, so that's all that would have to be saved.
gudson
Title: Smile

Post by gudson »

how do i make it so i can level up different skills in the spell-book like on swat aftermath, the heavy ordanance's droid upgrade ability. incase you dont know what im talkin about you can get the game here http://www.redscull.com/swat/
The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.
nevo
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: Nevo

Post by nevo »

gudson wrote:how do i make it so i can level up different skills in the spell-book like on swat aftermath, the heavy ordanance's droid upgrade ability. incase you dont know what im talkin about you can get the game here http://www.redscull.com/swat/

Dude, reread 4,5. The answer is right there.

Edit:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
btw, xaxtan/dekkar, what about adding a section on the forum called Guides? It would be more organized? No?
My Favorite Rule:
- No excessive BBCode, (colors, flashing text, spoilers, etc.), using; don't use it for every single word you're typing, only use it make a word(s) stand out.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

nevo wrote:
Edit:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
btw, xaxtan/dekkar, what about adding a section on the forum called Guides? It would be more organized? No?

Thats a pretty cool idea :D Maybe we could even have a subsection on Requesting Guides!
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

doesnt sound good to me, map deping/hacking is where that is all at, lol

also, please do not post such nonsense here... lol
gudson
Title: Smile

Post by gudson »

nevo wrote:
gudson wrote:how do i make it so i can level up different skills in the spell-book like on swat aftermath, the heavy ordanance's droid upgrade ability. incase you dont know what im talkin about you can get the game here http://www.redscull.com/swat/

Dude, reread 4,5. The answer is right there.

Edit:

I mean when you can choose the ability you want to level up.
The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

nevo wrote:btw, xaxtan/dekkar, what about adding a section on the forum called Guides? It would be more organized? No?

could you please write my and xantans name the correct way?
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick