It is possible to Corrupt the replay

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

It is possible to Corrupt the replay

Post by initialD »

I was just finisheded reading on one of my local forums (blue server). They made an AMH map for 6.48b(script written by pandamine), and that map corrupted the replay. After playing a game, one could still save replay, yet it will be replayed strangely. For an example, you could be tripple killing in the game, while in the replay, you were just reunning to the enemy's base and feeding them on purpose.
So, I have a question here, does anyone here know what causes the replay corrupted? I am wondering if we could made a new cheat command, to corrupt the replay instead of just disable it?
Anyone got any idea?
I don't have that AMH map now, since they fixed it and remove the link, I will get it later and see what can be done.
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Re: It is possible to Corrupt the replay

Post by Aero »

Well, corrupted unit models or lightning displayed in a replay should crash it.

Also, what you see might be a little different depending on which player's perspective you watch the replay on.

I don't have much experience with replays as I only ever watch them to learn how people do really well in some games.
initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

Post by initialD »

You are right. They used a corrupted model to detect mapahckers. They put them in the woods so that no one will see those corrupted models unless one is using a MH programme.
Sounds like a good idea but it's flawed. Suppose someone use Prophet and he destroyed some trees wihile summonning, he will be detected as MHer and then crashes. Suppose someone use the priestess of the moon and jump into the woods.... crashes, too.
LoL
the replay was corrupted by the corrupted models? well, guess it's can't be done with pure JASS if it needs a model. Sighs. w/e
thanks aero.
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

It has some potential but clearly needs to be refined.