Double UnitData.slk in single map

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Double UnitData.slk in single map

Post by JustANewbie »

I see 2 UnitData.slk when I open it with MPQ Master but only single in MPQ Editor, after I tried to edit it and when I play this map multiplayer through LAN, after some time, about 15 minutes+, every player disconnected except the host. So, is it a kind of protection or whatever? How can I bypass it?

Map Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/hero-empire-v1-15b-213659/
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: Double UnitData.slk in single map

Post by Bartimaeus »

I've never seen anything like that...but then again, I never use MPQMaster, so I suppose I wouldn't.

Question: does the problem occur after editing ANYTHING, or just the UnitData.slk? If "anything", maybe keep trying to edit the MPQ (as in, adding the .j file) with different MPQ editors, and see if any of them don't break the map. Start with the fresh map, though, if one test ends up not working, obviously.
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

no, the moment I first use MPQ Master to open that map, 2 UnitData.slk shown in the units folder, when i try to delete 1 of them using MPQ Master, MPQ Master crashes, if I open that map again using MPQ Master, only 1 UnitData.slk left
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Yes, but you don't *have* to mess with them, do you?
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

perhaps I don't have to but if i don't then the disconnect problem occurs, i'm not sure whether what caused it but I never seen anything like this, that's why i'm asking