Editing tooltips

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

bozotheclown
Newcomer

Editing tooltips

Post by bozotheclown »

So I edited the jass of a skill in a map and now the tooltip doesn't say the correct amount of life the skill heals. I edited the tooltip at CampaignAbilityStrings.txt, and the skill itself is only coded via jass, there's no trace of it in the world editor.

Still, inside CampaignAbilityStrings.txt only levels 1, 2 and 3 of the skill have their tooltips explained, but the skill can go up to level 10 (???). I managed to fix the tooltip up to level 3, but I'm clueless as to where I can fix the rest. How should I proceed? Thanks.
owner123
Super Moderator

Re: Editing tooltips

Post by owner123 »

I would guess it is because that is for the campaign (i.e. default) abilities.

But I don't know, I haven't really messed around with the CampaignAbilityStrings. Post the map and I'll look at it.

(edit) Also what do you want the tooltip changed to?
bozotheclown
Newcomer

Re: Editing tooltips

Post by bozotheclown »

It's the tooltip of Unstoppable Hunger. At the CampaignAbilityStrings its code is A06D. Every level of skill shows how much it heals (skill level A shows 400 x A), but I changed that to 100 x level of the skill in the jass. The tooltip of every skill level seems to be coded separately.
Edit: I had not changed anything in this file yet, so the jass and tooltips are untouched there.
Edit2:I found the files XD. The tooltip was partly on CampaignAbilityStrings and partly on war3map.w3a
Still, thx a lot for the quick reply and help with the n00b questions I asked today.
http://invalid.link/file/gHOAZBcI/De ... d_Map.html