Add own heroes in DotA

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

memory44
Newcomer

Add own heroes in DotA

Post by memory44 »

Hi! Can somebody give me a step by step or a tutorial how to add units, abilities, trigger in DotA maps? I want to add my own heroes to a DotA map just for fun with my friends (like DotA Fun version). Is it needed a deprotected map of DotA to get it works?
I have downloaded the deprotected version of DotA (69c). But, when I opened it on New Gen WE it said that waterfall_blue.mdl is missing, then the map could not be opened.

Thanks for your help.
darkwootan
Newcomer

Re: Add own heroes in DotA

Post by darkwootan »

I think on the Triggering/Editing section you will find something
Nuuby
Forum Staff

Post by Nuuby »

Don't recall this being asked before.

Just add them through the .slk files
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

You dont need a deprotected version of the map, just basic knowledge of map editing. You could edit the SLK tables with excel like Nuuby said above.

SLK tables hold the information about units, ability data and such. You need to know the RAW code of the unit/item to edit it so you can identify them. If you think SLK editing is to hard, try SILK object console (google it) and extract the objects of dota, import them into a blank map, edit them and replace to the original map.

About triggers - you need to add them on your own so things works correctly. Make sure none of the id codes and triggers conflict with each other.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
memory44
Newcomer

Post by memory44 »

Oh. Okay. Thanks for your reply. It helps me a lot.

---post merged---

I tried using the silk object console with DotA map, but the SOC stopped working. What should I do?

Thanks for your answer.