Strings

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

darkxion

Strings

Post by darkxion »

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this, but, anyway, is there a suitable way to combine strings from 2 different war3map.wts files that wont result in a corrupt file? I have one that contains unit strings, and one with item strings. =x

Jasscraft becomes unresponsive when I load the .wts =P

What happened, is I was editing strings in a protected map, but importing unit AND item strings at the same time was causing some problems, so I had to edit them separately, and ended up with 2 .wts. Merging the files in notepad resulted in some errors, and jasscraft locked up when I tried to load the combined .wts to syntax check, but, I found the problem, was missing a "}" on a line separating two strings, thanks for the help, though ^_^
Last edited by darkxion on June 19th, 2007, 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir-Tanks
Forum Spammer
Title: Strange old man

Post by Sir-Tanks »

Well if you have them both, just add them and delete any doubles :) Use jasscraft and do a Syntax search..
Sir-Tanks is BACK and working on his new map Acts of War!
Take the best Stupidity test here
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

I have a simple solution but I need more information about what you're trying to do
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

"file compare" might be able to do the trick. compare the 2, but then add from one of the files to the next. So basically you would be merging them.

But to be honest, I dont know how you got 2 scripts files, with one map. maybe you have a download link so we could see??