United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lua script
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2022, 1:20 pm 
Newcomer

Hi,

if this topic violates any rule or policy, please remove or transfer it away

I make this topic to ask if anywhere I can find premade cheatpack for lua script map or can I convert current packs into lua coding?

thanks

Post subject: Re: Lua script
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2022, 2:12 pm 
Cheater

Moved topic to Map Editing.

I don't think lua exclusive maps even exist but perhaps I'm wrong. I've only seen new maps that take advantage of Reforged natives with Lua, but then again you can do that with vJass as well and vJass is better documented, it's now built into new WE and it's actively maintained and worked on by community modders.
Have you checked if map in question has jass script? Maybe .j file has a fake name and it's obfuscated in such way to appear as something else or they hid the code elsewhere.
Send me the map and I can take a quick glance just to verify.
And I don't think there are any Lua packs since most are redundant at this point of time, most recent releases are NZCP and JJCPNewGen so Nuzamacuxe author of these packs could perhaps share his insight.

As for converting code from Jass to Lua, you can take a look at this: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/blizzards-hidden-jass2lua-transpiler.337281/#post-3516367

PostPosted: June 24th, 2022, 1:33 am 
Newcomer

Thanks for attending my topic

here below is the link for the sample map, I found recently, many maps only have lua script instead of .j file or they would disguise into some soft,

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1off7md7hbefaky/Legion_TD_10.1a_Team_OZE.w3x/file

if you found out something, please let me know

cheers,

PostPosted: June 25th, 2022, 9:41 am 
Cheater

Looks like they transcompiled entire code to Lua starting from version 8.0.
There's nothing much you can do really, it's too much work and requires extensive knowledge in both Jass and Lua so it's simply not worth the hassle.
You'd have to either convert cheat pack to Lua or cheat an older version and then convert entire code like they did, so unfortunately this is something nobody here is going to bother with.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2022, 11:09 am 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
Could you use both Lua and .j in same map? In other words, could you make a .j file with ONLY the cheatpack and insert it into a map?

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2022, 1:29 am 
Newcomer

Vegas wrote:
Could you use both Lua and .j in same map? In other words, could you make a .j file with ONLY the cheatpack and insert it into a map?

nope, I have tried, I guess only way is to deprotect the map and edit the map by editor

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2022, 2:24 am 
Newcomer

3nemy_ wrote:
Looks like they transcompiled entire code to Lua starting from version 8.0.
There's nothing much you can do really, it's too much work and requires extensive knowledge in both Jass and Lua so it's simply not worth the hassle.
You'd have to either convert cheat pack to Lua or cheat an older version and then convert entire code like they did, so unfortunately this is something nobody here is going to bother with.

yeah, that's what I suspect, can we do a lua premade cheatpack or a converter b/w jass vs lua

PostPosted: July 7th, 2022, 9:44 am 
Newcomer

Would a potential LUA Cheatpack even work on a protected map?
I just peeked at the .lua file, and it seems quite daunting. Not sure if it's even possible/plausible to deprotect that.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2022, 7:12 pm 
Cheater

CokeLight wrote:
Would a potential LUA Cheatpack even work on a protected map?
I just peeked at the .lua file, and it seems quite daunting. Not sure if it's even possible/plausible to deprotect that.

Map protection has got nothing to do with cheatpacks. Like I mentioned, the entire Jass script was compiled into Lua, you'd have to reverse this and then insert CP and then convert all that back to Lua, good luck with that..

PostPosted: July 7th, 2022, 7:18 pm 
Cheater

Takeshiro wrote:
yeah, that's what I suspect, can we do a lua premade cheatpack or a converter b/w jass vs lua

I sent you a link to hive thread Jass2Lua transpiler in previous post, you expect someone to do this for you or write new CP from scratch for free? You're asking for too much mate, sorry.