wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 3:37 am 
Super Moderator

This was not written by me, it was by Peasant, who originally released the Sotis open source, but he only posted the tutorial on sc2mapster, so I'll post it here with credits to him.
Here are the tools you will need.
Either this: http://www.clanttg.com/index.php?/topic ... p-browser/ (Registration required and it didn't work for me anyways - I recommend the second.)
Or this : http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/s2ma-cache/
And Mpq Editor. Mpq Master cannot be used.
You can see the original post here: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/genera ... -unlocked/

Peasant wrote:
Unlocking a Map

NOTE: Hopefully, creating this guide will ensure Blizzard increases its enthusiasm in updating its lock map feature. It sure is lacking, compared to the WarCraft III 3rd-Party protectors.

1. The first step, is of course, to find the locked map. Locked maps are stored, among other things, in your cache. This is usually located at C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\. There are tools that search your cache for maps, such as SC2 Map Browser or S2MA Cache Manager.

2. Find the map of your choice, copy it, and paste it elsewhere. I suggest an empty folder. Maps in the cache are of ".s2ma" filetype, so change the filetype of the copied map to ".SC2Map", so the Galaxy Editor can find it.

3. Open the map with a MPQ Editor, I suggest Ladik's MPQEditor, as it is stable and the only actively updated MPQ viewer.

4. You will notice that the Trigger and Trigger.version, and ComponentList.SC2Components are missing. Using MPQEditor, import the default ones found in the uploaded .rar "mapfiles" (attached to this post). Attribute and Attribute.version are also missing, but are not needed to successfully unlock a map. (Attribute stores both Variants and Attribute data, which should be easy and logical to replicate.)

5. The map can now be freely opened in the Editor. Note that the Trigger Editor is now blank, so saving the map will overwrite the current mapscript! This can be fixed in a number of ways. The two simple ways are to either: one, copy and paste into custom scripts, event functions should be pasted in the "Initialization Function (Optional)" box; or two, use include trickery.

Many things in this tutorial could be missing. My original method was more complicated and this has been trimmed as I found faster methods. Copy and pasting into custom script takes a VERY long time due to the nature of the editor's syntax highlighting.

Like the original post states, this should be used for educational purposes only. I really suggest you don't even consider map-stealing, because I can guarantee you: Blizzard will ban your account.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2011, 8:35 am 

You are somewhat suggsted to attach files, that can be seen on .sc2mapster. Just in case something would go wrong there.