Internet Speed Cap/Limit?

Get help with just about anything and everything NOT Warcraft related. Computers, consoles, phones, whatever!

Internet Speed Cap/Limit?

Postby tengumaru93 » August 1st, 2012, 3:30 pm

Hi there, I'm using my friend's laptop a Samsung 300E4A.

Now my problem is, whenever I use the internet with it, play games or even just plainly browse and go to youtube, the internet speed seems so like someones leeching us. Actually no one is, it's just 2 laptops, mine and his' so when i turn off both laptops, the router stops blinking meaning its only the both of us who's using it. Now, my laptop is at the repair shop which leaves this Samsung laptop alone using the net but it still seems it's damn slow. I've searched for solutions, they say edit the GPEDIT.msc file of windows, but there isn't one included in this laptop(Win7 Starter). My speed is 1mb/s. On my acer laptop the download speed is up to 121kb/s but on this one it's only 17-55kb/s which means there is something in the registry or a program is limiting or eating up the remaining available speed. Help guys you're the only ones I could trust on this :) Other sites either don't have an answer or don't answer at all. Thanks
null
tengumaru93

Title: Back from the dead

Re: Internet Speed Cap/Limit?

Postby Vegas » August 1st, 2012, 4:32 pm

I usually go to www.speedguide.net and use their speed tests and tweakers. At the very top there is a dropdown menu under "broadband". See if a tweak there works for you.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment

Postby tengumaru93 » August 2nd, 2012, 5:52 am

Hi, thanks for the response. I went to speedguide.net to try some of it but unfortunately I don't exactly know what to use there. I tried the TCP optimizer but still nothing. I am currently using a lan cable from the router to the laptop to make up with the slow wireless connection but it's only a temporary solution. I still need a solution to whats limiting my Wireless connection from getting the maximum speed of my broadband connection. Thanks
null
tengumaru93

Postby tengumaru93 » August 2nd, 2012, 8:09 am

I already solved it LoL! The problem was when I'm on battery mode, the settings on wireless is maximum power saving instead of Maximum perfomance which degrades the connection speed. Silly me, didn't notice that. Anyway Thanks!
null
tengumaru93

Postby Vegas » August 2nd, 2012, 10:58 am

Great. That was something I wouldn't have thought of since I dont use a laptop often.

BTW. Don't double post, it pisses off the mods.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment

Return to Tech Support