wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: November 16th, 2013, 1:36 am 
Old Wrinkly Member

Hello everyone! I don't believe I ever made a introductory post/profile for myself, so here we are =).
(Boring info) - I'm currently 17 years old and a senior in high school (it sucks); in terms of stuff outside of gaming/programming and stuff I play on our school's Varsity Soccer team and was a Rugby captain for a year where we went on to win states.
(Less boring info) - I've been gaming pretty much my entire life and joined here around '09 (have been in and out a lot). I started to take an interest in programming when I was around 10, and Warcraft III was basically my intro into that world. I started looking into JASS and such and when I joined here I started figuring out how to crack maps and such. I got a ton of help from here to progress my skills as well; if it were not for many people here I would probably still be twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what to do xD.
(What I'm doing now) - Around last September I started watching a show called MLP (My Little Pony) and really got into it and happened upon a group called Filly Gamez and their interactive adventure Welcome to Ponyville. Long story short I was really interested in working with them to help develop it and really loved the experience of playing it. I'm now their lead scripter and help with their engine as well (which is a lot of fun) and it's crazy to think of all the people that played WTP (Welcome to Ponyville) or our recent Bronycon demo Foal's Errand. I have had so many great experiences working with them and they have definitely changed my life so much ^_^. I work on two other projects as well as the project lead and PR called Life and Death Studios and Equestriantube (temp name). I try to be active here as much as I can as well because I still love playing WC3 and love interacting with the community here.

That was a lot.
P.S. Fairy Tail rules!

PostPosted: November 17th, 2013, 10:39 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Don't the people that own MLP have a tendency to shutdown fan games? I thought I remembered hearing about game being made for a few years and then they were suddenly sent a cease and desist order right as they were nearing completion...

Hi Durge, :P

PostPosted: November 17th, 2013, 11:03 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Yeah, Fighting is Magic was participating in EVO, the fighting game tournament and was given a C&D during the competition. A few other projects have been shut down as well.