wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently June 29th, 2017, 5:29 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


While crediting should be allowed, please keep down the advertising. If you know who it's from, and they have a website, please link to it as a basic courtesy. Warcraft 3 and other game tools are located here, as well.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 10:59 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: June 7th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Posts: 12
owner123 wrote:
Here's a sample of how to do it.

I'll take your first bug:

Code:
function s2i takes string s2s returns integer
return s2s
return 0
endfunction

So, you need to separate this into 2 functions.

So, in haxorico's example, you create a "fix" function, and an "origional" function. The original calls the fix, the fix contains one of the returns of the original

For yours, it would be:

Code:
function fix1 takes string s2s returns integer
return s2s
end function

Code:
function originalFunction takes string s2s returns integer
call fix1(s2s)
return s2s
end function


I think that should work! It'd be nice if one of the people who are good at JASS tells me if this is right though.


Right right, so how do I insert that into my j file ? :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 11:13 pm 
Offline
Tyrannical Drama Queen
User avatar

Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:05 am
Posts: 4944
Title: Αυτοκράτωρ
Uh, by the way, I'm still getting that same error, even with the newest upload. o.o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 11:26 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: June 7th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Posts: 12
Bartimaeus wrote:
Uh, by the way, I'm still getting that same error, even with the newest upload. o.o


Same here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 1:44 am 
Offline
Super Moderator

Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 11:28 pm
Posts: 2195
Location: Wisconsin
Now that uploaded one works fine for me. I even re-downloaded it to try.

Anyways, I'm in the process of re-writing the whole thing cause my code is epic sloppy.. I should have it done in a few hours to a day.

(edit) Are you guys on 32 bit or 64 bit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 3:21 am 
Offline
Super Moderator
User avatar

Joined: February 24th, 2009, 1:31 pm
Posts: 3698
Location: JEW LAND
Haxorizer has a return bug finder, I can give you that part of the source to make it save time for you.
Also from my expirience, the method I am using, is not working all that well.
I think I made like 50 fix functions for NotD and it didn't do what it needed.
In any case, I think I figured out what it does, mainly its a way to convert variables.

function h2i takes handle h returns integer
return h
return 0
endfunction

will convert h to an integer for some reason. At patch 1.24, extra native functions were added to make this convertations, for the above example, a fix would be

function h2i takes handle i returns integer
return GetHandleID(h)
endfunction

or for your example

function exampleFunctions takes string s returns integer
return S2I(s) //this converts string to integer
endfunction

Same goes for units or any other thing. - Still I cannot confirm that to be 100% positive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 5:52 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: June 7th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Posts: 12
haxorico wrote:
Haxorizer has a return bug finder, I can give you that part of the source to make it save time for you.
Also from my expirience, the method I am using, is not working all that well.
I think I made like 50 fix functions for NotD and it didn't do what it needed.
In any case, I think I figured out what it does, mainly its a way to convert variables.

function h2i takes handle h returns integer
return h
return 0
endfunction

will convert h to an integer for some reason. At patch 1.24, extra native functions were added to make this convertations, for the above example, a fix would be

function h2i takes handle i returns integer
return GetHandleID(h)
endfunction

or for your example

function exampleFunctions takes string s returns integer
return S2I(s) //this converts string to integer
endfunction

Same goes for units or any other thing. - Still I cannot confirm that to be 100% positive.


Ok if you could send that part of haxorizer that can fix my return bugs, I would be most greatful :) thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 10:17 am 
Offline
Tyrannical Drama Queen
User avatar

Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:05 am
Posts: 4944
Title: Αυτοκράτωρ
I am on 64bit, and so is Undeadstorms.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 1:53 pm 
Offline
Super Moderator

Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 11:28 pm
Posts: 2195
Location: Wisconsin
Hmm.. That explains it. I haven't converted it to x64 yet. I'll do that when I release the next

(edit)

As it's in Haxorizer.. Just use the one in haxorizer if you want a return-bug checker. :P.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 10:09 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: June 7th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Posts: 12
owner123 wrote:
Hmm.. That explains it. I haven't converted it to x64 yet. I'll do that when I release the next

(edit)

As it's in Haxorizer.. Just use the one in haxorizer if you want a return-bug checker. :P.


I would but you have to pay 5$ for that program and I don't want to pay unless I have a guarantee it is going to work, so I'm asking him if he can just send me the bug fixer part :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Return Bug Finder
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 10:32 pm 
Offline
Tyrannical Drama Queen
User avatar

Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:05 am
Posts: 4944
Title: Αυτοκράτωρ
owner123 wrote:
As it's in Haxorizer.. Just use the one in haxorizer if you want a return-bug checker. :P.


...which is also only a 32bit program, at least currently...unless Haxorico has fixed it. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO


Privacy Policy Statement
Impressum (German)