Question for triggers and others

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

dragon_zero96

Question for triggers and others

Post by dragon_zero96 »

Question:
1.How do you edit the unit when it picks up a weapon it will appear on the arm or other parts of the unit?
(I had problems understanding at the tutorial at hiveworkshop)

2.How do you put a picture on the Loading Screen?

3.What trigger should make the it work when you have a chicken i would generate 10 gold per seconds?

4.What do i do so invalid can spawn only in the forest not near buildings? and not only at the center of the region?
(in short the spawn every where on that region and not near buildings)
whitegun
Old Wrinkly Member

Re: Question for triggers and others

Post by whitegun »

You want to remake/develop map Founder of the North,am i right?
dragon_zero96

Post by dragon_zero96 »

yea but i got bored with the Founders of the north so i want to creat my own version
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

There are plenty of good tutorials out there, here are some you should look at. If you don't understand something after reading em just reply and ill help ya out.

1. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/attachments.php
Easy to follow, it just wasn't explained well what to do after creating the ability. Basicly, after the ability is created make a new item and add the ability to it, along with other stats you want..like some basic damage for a sword.

2. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=36757
Pick either the low or high quality. Low quality is easier to make and saves some space on the map.

3. Very easy trigger, its basicly just

Code: Select all

Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Chicken) and do (Player - Add 10 to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold)
There are other ways to create it but this is the easiest. It takes in account how many chickens you have and adds it. (4 chickens would give 40 gold per 30 sec)

4. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=55581
Now..this is the hard part..your best bet for your map is a creep respawn system. You aren't going to find an easy answer for this question so there is a bit of work to do. Its a bit long but a lot of it is do to explaining what is happening.
dragon_zero96

Post by dragon_zero96 »

1.What if the chicken dies ? what trigger should i use? then what trigger should i use so the chicken has a limit
for every player?

2.How do I change the optional quest and main quest how to I change the name?

3.I am having problems to with the creeps (pigs, crab, hermitcrab) i put damage on thier stats but
when i tested it when i go near them and they start retreating and when i start attack thats
when they start attacking

4.How do you make the hero the same when he rids a horse and he still has the same lvl and stats?
I already made a skill so the hero finds a horse then it rids it , but the ICON is green why is that
when you change a normals skill to a hero skill it turn green?

5.How do you make an item like a fishing rod then use it for fishing catching a fish(item)

6.How do you make crops(item) when you build them they will have a building time then
when it is fully build it turns into an item in short farming

7.How do u make a animal drop a item when it dies?

8.one more thing how to you make a skill that is only unlockable when he does the requirements
ex. Kill 30 wolf to unlock Summon dog
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

1. Don't worry if a chicken dies, it counts how many you have at the time it runs so if one dies it will decresse the ammount given. To limit them it depends on how the player gets them. If you are building them the easiest way is to limit them

Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Limit training of Chicken to 5 for (Picked player))
Use that in the main map initialization trigger. If you get them using a trigger add this condition to the trigger that makes them

(Number of living Chicken units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Less than or equal to 5
Just make sure to replace (Owner of (Triggering unit))) with picked whatever the trigger starts with.

2. Triggers. There is Quest type actions.

3. All animals have a passive ability called Wander, remove that and they shouldn't move around on their own. If thats not it make sure they cant flee, its called "Stats - Can Flee" make that false.

4. Ill have to take a look at your map to give you more info on that, it may be as simple as changing the trigger a little or it might need more work by adding more variables. For the icon again ill have to see to help you out more, the green box usually means that there is no icon set..so make sure that the skill for both units have a icon set.

5. You will need to create an entire system for that. I took a look on the hive workshop and found a simple fishing spell that would work. As it is now its limited to one type of fish per area, but it looks like it can be tweaked to add a random element to it for multiple fish. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/onisaiyan808s-fishing-system-v-0-4-a-108038/?prev=search%3DFish%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

6. Again a small system will need to be made for this..i haven't been making triggers for quite some time so i cant garentee that it will work perfectly but it should be something like this.
Trigger 1

Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Uses an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Corn Seed
    Actions
        Set PlantPoint = (Position of (Hero manipulating item))
        Unit - Create 1 Corn for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at PlantPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_PlantPoint)

Trigger 2

Untitled Trigger 003
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Corn
    Actions
        Item - Create Corn Seed at (Position of (Dying unit))

From what i tested it did work and theres plently of room to make it better if you need it to be. Just make sure that the plant, corn in this case, is invulnerable or this can be misused. PlantPoint is a Point variable and the custom script just copy whats there and change the name if you name your variable different.

7. Something like

Untitled Trigger 004
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Footman
            Then - Actions
                Item - Create Potion of Greater Healing at (Position of (Dying unit))
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Peasant
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Potion of Greater Mana at (Position of (Dying unit))
                    Else - Actions
Just keep building it for each of your units.

8. Multiple triggers needed here..first you need to make a trigger to turn the quest on ill let you handle that, your gonna need something like this

Red Quests
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                WolvesQuest[0] Equal to True
                WolvesInt[0] Greater than or equal to 30
            Then - Actions
                Hero - Learn skill for Heros[0]: Avatar
                Set WolvesQuest[0] Equal to False
            Else - Actions

Wolves Quest
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Timber Wolf
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
            Then - Actions
                Set WolvesInt[0] = (WolvesInt[0] + 1)
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
                    Then - Actions
                        Set WolvesInt[1] = (WolvesInt[1] + 1)
                    Else - Actions

Basicly what these triggers do is first one checks every second to see if the number of wolves has been killed and the quest has been turned on then adds the ability, then turns the quest off to make sure that it don't add the same ability twice.

The second trigger is what adds how many wolves have been killed. For these two triggers ive used two different variables WolvesQuest is a Boolean which checks if the quest is on or off, and WolvesInt is an interger variable. Ive used Arrays for both of these variables so the same variable can be used for each player, as shown by the second trigger ive made for both red and blue.
dragon_zero96

Post by dragon_zero96 »

1.What do u mean with this?
Just make sure to replace (Owner of (Triggering unit))) with picked whatever the trigger starts with.

2.When the corn seed is use it create 2 corn buildings 1st from where it was built and 2nd one randomly appears
but it 2nd corn crops drops the item and disappear but the 1st does not disappear

3.I cant find this trigger

WolvesInt[0] Greater than or equal to 30

4.How do you make the items stack together?

5.Do you mean I put trigger 1 with trigger 2?
Use that in the main map initialization trigger. If you get them using a trigger add this condition to the trigger that makes them

1(Number of living Chicken units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Less than or equal to 5

2Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Limit training of Chicken to 5 for (Picked player))
Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

1. Well..how do you make the chickens for each person? Pick every player? Do you have a trigger for each player? Do you just have them added to a building so a player makes it himself? When i made the trigger i assumed that you have a building that spawns it, thus i have it as "(Owner of (Triggering Unit)))" meaning that it will limit the chickens to the owner of the building that triggered the chicken making.

2. I don't have any clue as to what went wrong there...i just re-created my trigger in a new map and it worked perfectly for me. Paste the trigger you have exactly as you got it in your map. Under trigger functions right-click the trigger name thats right above the "event" part and click "Copy as Text"

3. Integer Comparison.

4. There is a nicely made system right here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/easy-item-stack-n-split-v2-7-4-a-153287/?prev=search%3DStack%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 All the info you need is in the triggers.

5. No, i gave you two different options. First trigger is if you use a building and have the player make the chickens himself, if you add that line to any trigger with the event Map Initiation it will work fine.

The second trigger is if you are using a trigger to create the chickens. Add that condition to the trigger that spawns the chicken, if the player has more than 5 chickens it wont spawn one. The owner of triggering unit is explained in number 1.
dragon_zero96

Post by dragon_zero96 »

Here is the trigger

Actions
    Set PlantPoint = (Position of (Hero manipulating item))
    Unit - Create 1 Corn Seed for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at PlantPoint facing Default building facing degrees
    Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_PlantPoint)
Last edited by dragon_zero96 on August 14th, 2012, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragon_zero96

Post by dragon_zero96 »

and how do you make a ABILITY that when you use it, it will show more skills.like books of spells
not the Picking of a skill cause i want to put my unlock able skill together

What is the Heros? is it a variable?

Hero - Learn skill for Heros[0]: Avatar

Then how do i add more fishes? Do i add something in the fishing trigger?
(the trigger is so long but i manage to copy it all and fix everything) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am thinking of a skill that when the heroes rids a horse how can i do that with out drop items and having the same lvl