wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: February 26th, 2007, 5:05 am 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
Hey all. i was hoping I could get some jass help. I am more on the front end of things here for warcraft hacks, not the rear.

I would like to get rid of 3 triggers

1)choose language. (I only want english). And there are still to many mixed language modes, even if you choose 1 language. might as well get rid of it.
2)Tournament (Dont want it)
3)random race (It seems to ... up what I have done in my version of the map)

Also a note. dont try to deprotect, I will take the map back any old uncompressed way. Actually, I only want the jass file back :D. It seems every time i try a deprotect scheme, it wants to not work in warcraft, and the game will return you to the stat screen. (I asked you a month ago about that Dekar, remember?) when I just use the jass the way it is, it works fine (except for the random race)

any help would be appreciated. no help, well then i will have to try to figure it out on my own, which wil then take mw a week or 2 to do it myself :roll:

of course as a learning process, show me how to do 1, and maybe i can butcher the rest myself!!!

http://www.samsirius.de/warcraft/maps/S ... 20Gold.w3x

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2007, 6:30 am 
Forum Drunk

yeah, i remember... you messed something up, just use jasscraft
to check your syntax! why dont you wait until the shoppingmaul final?
i think it should be released next time!
however, ive got lots of things to do, but ill try to have a look
at it next days!

greets Dekar

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2007, 11:08 am 

Cool, thanks. In the meantime, I will of course see if I cant figure it out.

I would wait for the next one, but I need a few bug fixes from the current version I have. also, it will not be too hard to upgrade to the next one as well. As far as I have understood (reading the other website in German) Sserpyc is going to renew the XP, so I may want to keep the xp system the same, and also the new race, I will have to see.

It would only take about 2 hours to change the jass to shop maul USA

:twisted:

woohoo!!! well I was able to sit down and play for a few minutes with this script. So far, I have been able to figure out how to AT LEAST bypass the language choice dialog. not much, in fact all i did was change if from an 8 second choice to 0 seconds. That would work for me, as I would just translate all the scripts. It seems that even though it has 2 languages, it can be displayed throughout the game in various locations as mixed. so translating everything would take me an extra half hour, and everything would look all one language.

So about the other probs....I will start sniffing!!!!

ok, me again. i got rid of the tournament and random race crap!!!! only 5 minutes later.

now to get rid of the deutsch side of the quests, and I think I got it!!

EDIT: instead of posting again :D . Ok Dekar. All I need is to be able to get rid of the left side of the quests page. When you click on quests, the left is german, and the right is english. Just deleting the "german" topics will get rid of them, but leave the english on the righ, with the left side empty. Maybe a quik look tosee what I can do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2007, 8:43 pm 
The Legendary Near-bee - Obey Me Or Die!

Title: Turkey King
n1 u triple posted...
kind of crazy :D...

u could have edited all of ur posts but I don't really care anymore because we don't have a star system and I think nobody really cares :D...

maybe I should make a Voting who wants double posting being legal and people who doesn't :D

Kalle

Me, as a perfect example, is telling YOU, that you don't have to take any part in the Map-Cheating/Hacking department to become a Super-Mod (except the Near-Bee part)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 12:33 am 
Forum Addict

But... that was triple... he's cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 12:44 am 

jeah everybody can be the man once in a while... but I won't accept that ^^
he is going down...

Kalle

Me, as a perfect example, is telling YOU, that you don't have to take any part in the Map-Cheating/Hacking department to become a Super-Mod (except the Near-Bee part)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 9:34 pm 

ya, as a moderator, super mod, and admin on other boards, its VERY bad to make double posts or more. As a warcraft map "hacker/editor/cheating/or otherwise making a mess out of"... I was fairly excited to post back to Dekar and the rest of you folks, that I was able to fullfill my own request with a little discombooberating, and therefore forgot to use the EDIT function.

As far as post counts...well, it never meant shite to me then, or now. We dont have that sort of system for privelages of activity....yet...so I guess it doesnt matter. But I do apologize for the multiplicity of my excitement.

And I hope I Dont misinterpret the last post of "he is going down" :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 9:49 pm 
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

ya, and as a moderator, your posts just got merged! OWNED, lawl

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2007, 2:03 am 

YaY 3p!xX

Kalle

PS: Pointless?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2007, 10:28 am 

Ok, I still have a small problem. when I do the editin, and test it in LAN mode, everything goes great. When I am on battlenet, things go wrong, and the triggers goof up on me, and i have to restart the damn game.

What heppens:

When the options come up to choose tornament, one race, gold sharing, or no xp, all is ok in LAN. When I choose "one race", the next dialogue box, and ONLY box that comes up is the "OK" box. then I click OK obviously. the thing is, it picks tournament automatically. In tournament, I dont know how it works, since half the players are able to play, the other half bitch that they dont have a builder.

So why does it function in LAN, but screws up on battlenet???

Ultimately, I can just bypass the whole options menu. but i like the "every race once" option.makes for a better defence with all the races.