Help with: In Game Words

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Panda-Assassin
Title: Pandaren-Assassin

Help with: In Game Words

Post by Panda-Assassin »

My title won't say much and it's hard to say a lot about what I am trying to say but here's the picture of it.

Words.jpg

So . . . the picture should have 5 units and some words. The bit I want is the words. Now my question is: How do I get words like those to show up in game and is it possible to colour them?? Are there any triggers needed??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A unit of time is as precious as a unit of gold, but you cannot don't click me back one unit of time with one unit of gold."

Thanks for all the help Syre!
Syre
Forum Staff

Re: In Game Words

Post by Syre »

Quite easy actually.

Code: Select all

Untitled Trigger 012
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Point at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        -------- OR --------
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Unit above Tester 0018 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence

You only have to use one way, but you will need the part after each, that will make sure that the text doesn't go away. Dunno if you need the wait if your making multiple ones, but its better to be on the safe side.
Panda-Assassin

Re: Help with: In Game Words

Post by Panda-Assassin »

Thank You :D learning so much :)
"A unit of time is as precious as a unit of gold, but you cannot don't click me back one unit of time with one unit of gold."

Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

Lol no problem. Im still a novice so every time someone posts something i try to find out how to do it, and i learn more in the process.
Panda-Assassin

Post by Panda-Assassin »

+ how do you copy and paste the triggers so that you save time. I always have to type it all out. :(

Syre
Forum Staff

Post by Syre »

Then just wrap [code] tags around em.