MPQ Master issue with replacing files

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

cipd
Newcomer

MPQ Master issue with replacing files

Post by cipd »

Hi there!

This is my first post here so please, don't be harsh with me :oops: I'm at the beginning of the road regarding w3 map editing, and I already learned some things browsing few topics here and there since I've registered, which actually makes me pretty confident :)

So anyway, I have a problem with MPQ Master and war3map.j. That is, every time I try to replace this file with a modified one, the map size increases drastically even if the modified file barely has few kb more. In fact, it acts like the file would have been added instead of replacing the old one. If I replace him again, the size increases yet again (like I'd have 3 war3map.j files) and so on. For the list file I used both MPQ Recover and rmpqex (without any errors what so ever).

This is very annoying since the map size exceeds 4mb and so far, I couldn't find anything about this. I also tried to find a newer version (mine being 1.3.1. b. 42) if any, but I couldn't find.

So please, any advice would be highly appreciated. If you need me to provide you any file or anything, just let me know.

Thank you!
Hillo
Forum Staff

Re: MPQ Master issue with replacing files

Post by Hillo »

After you've added the war3map.j do this:

cipd
Newcomer

Post by cipd »

I did it each and every time, I ain't that stupid tho :oops: I followed a step by step tutorial very carefully, I'm sure there's nothing I could have done the wrong way :(

Besides, if I wouldn't have saved, how come the increased size?

Btw, is there any possibility that, for some unknown reason, the Flush function won't work properly?
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

I've found that "flush" doesnt work all the time. Try using a program called heavylock to see if it can decrease the size.
cipd
Newcomer

Post by cipd »

Well, I tried Heavylocker and it decreases the size, however when I try to play the map I receive an error:

This application has encountered a critical error:

The file data is corrupt.

I used HeavyLocker version 0.2.8, is there a newer one? I saved the map with the default options. That is, "Only add english files" checked, "Auto detect" checked, other "Auto detect" checked as well, "Highest (least space)" checked, evrything else unchecked, and in options I've put the list file of the modified (final) verion of the map made with MPQ Recover. Did I miss something?

Anyhow, thank you for everything, I really appreciate the effort.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

delete the listfile using mpqmaster, then try heavylock without thta listfile option.