MPQ OVERRIDE RULES/LowQualityModels

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: MPQ OVERRIDE RULES/LowQualityModels

Post by Bartimaeus »

Wait, what? Why do you want to force low-quality textures/models, (models just makes it more blocky, textures are the real thing), again?
Mr.Sexy

Post by Mr.Sexy »

Well if textures are the major reduction, then i want to know how to force them to XD, also
does that mean a 32x32 texture is less laggy than a 128x128? lol...
either way, if it can reduce the lag im interested..
NOTE: also though, if there was a way to reach theese models, then one could have upto 3 of each skin in a game... if they were orderred to replace the low Q models skin... hmm
"Computers, are the way of the future, the next step in darwinizm. I say just embrase it, and be proud, that man, was so ingenious, as to force itself into submission on the ladder of evolution, I mean what other species can say that."-Mr.Sexy
Mr.Sexy

Post by Mr.Sexy »

Bump, ive done some major fiddleing with game settings, and it seems resolution has the biggest difference on gameplay, im not sure the exact difference of textures, ill update if i find anything else
"Computers, are the way of the future, the next step in darwinizm. I say just embrase it, and be proud, that man, was so ingenious, as to force itself into submission on the ladder of evolution, I mean what other species can say that."-Mr.Sexy
Mr.Sexy

Post by Mr.Sexy »

Final Bump,
well i tested importing 2 types of textuers, a 1024x1024 and a 32x32, i gaged the amout of time it took for the game to lag, and the 32x was very slightly better than the 1024 (lagwise not size :P) I think that warcraft automatically resizes the 32x to probably 256 for ingame viewing, and same for the 1024, but the quality option does seem to help, however importing a smaller texture doesnot. As for model, a smaller model does seem to help quite a bit, although the only small model worth importing will be the base unit, since it will be used most throughout the game :P

ANY further developments on either of the main issues, i would really like a PM, as i wont be checking back in this forum section for a while.. :P

Thanks
Mr.Sexy

Post by Mr.Sexy »

bump - still lost :P
Mr.Sexy

Post by Mr.Sexy »

Bump - just realized ive been on this forums for a whole year XD (as of yesterday)