Dawn of the Dead Character Codes

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

Nath
Newcomer

Dawn of the Dead Character Codes

Post by Nath »

Not sure this is the place, but Dawn of the Dead 5.2 uses a load/save system based off of the player's name and their character's status. It spits out a code when you save that you can enter to load.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/2253/

Does anybody know how one would go about breaking the code and figuring out how one would make characters to their specification? Has anyone?
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

I'd just enable single player, then make a command to set the integer that it uses for your ingame xp, and then rig it with commands, and bam! cracked that code, hella. =p
Nath
Newcomer

Post by Nath »

I'm pretty sure it works single player, and I can add codes easily enough, but how exactly would I go about changing that integer?

I'll upload the finished map.
Nath
Newcomer

Post by Nath »

So after installing your cheats, and still being unable to activate them, a brilliant thought struck me.

I just loaded the game in single player, enabled god mode and infinite ammo, and went AFK for a while.

Edit: Bah, can't save in single player. Fortunately, I just found the link to a haxxed one in another forum. I'll just host it as a private game.
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

thats ridiculous, you're doing something wrong. my cheats work fine, and even the program works with it.

but im glad you found the map I spose, what forum was it on?
Nath
Newcomer

Post by Nath »

This one.

http://forum.wc3edit.net/viewtopic.php?t=561

Yeah, I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'll ask you about it on Bnet, but I'm a bit confused.