wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: D***, I hate the Idiots
PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 12:01 am 

Title: Sir Awesome
Over at Banlist.nl.

I was asking if it'd be possible to get like an IP checker installed in the Banlist. Only because you all know you've seen that retard who makes a second name almost exactly like the first. You ban the kid the one time, only to have him come back into your game like three days later.

I got like 4 different responses saying the same thing. Then a Mod locks my thread because he says it's the same thing as like 15 other threads.

It's not. Granted it is pretty similar. I just wanted to check IPs, not ban by them. He gives me some stupid "Statistics" which I almost guarentee are BullSh**. He says, "Most IPs change constantly, or at least weekly/bi-weekly." Not in these exact words, but still. I bet you almost 80% of people using DSL or Broadband connections have a static IP.

Then he goes on to say, "Well, what if you ban someone on a college campus? (Colleges use external static IP addresses) You'd ban, let's say 20k people that year. Then the next year, 20k more people." First off, what are the chances that 20k people in COLLEGE play WC3? Second off, I NEVER said IP ban, just CHECKING.

I PM the guy and told him that i said check, not ban. I ask the guy if he ever even read my last 3 posts on the thread, all of which said IP Check, not ban. His PM back to me just tries to explain the same thing he said before, except he adds: "We will never add an IP check option as it could be used maliciously." Well, when someone figures out how to send an e-mail that opens itself containing a virus directly to an IP without knowing anything about the person, let alone their e-mail address, TELL ME so I can get that f***er.... lol

-Kaboom-

PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 12:14 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

patrick-the-bomb wrote:
Over at Banlist.nl.

I was asking if it'd be possible to get like an IP checker installed in the Banlist. Only because you all know you've seen that retard who makes a second name almost exactly like the first. You ban the kid the one time, only to have him come back into your game like three days later.

I got like 4 different responses saying the same thing. Then a Mod locks my thread because he says it's the same thing as like 15 other threads.

It's not. Granted it is pretty similar. I just wanted to check IPs, not ban by them. He gives me some stupid "Statistics" which I almost guarentee are BullSh**. He says, "Most IPs change constantly, or at least weekly/bi-weekly." Not in these exact words, but still. I bet you almost 80% of people using DSL or Broadband connections have a static IP.

Then he goes on to say, "Well, what if you ban someone on a college campus? (Colleges use external static IP addresses) You'd ban, let's say 20k people that year. Then the next year, 20k more people." First off, what are the chances that 20k people in COLLEGE play WC3? Second off, I NEVER said IP ban, just CHECKING.

I PM the guy and told him that i said check, not ban. I ask the guy if he ever even read my last 3 posts on the thread, all of which said IP Check, not ban. His PM back to me just tries to explain the same thing he said before, except he adds: "We will never add an IP check option as it could be used maliciously." Well, when someone figures out how to send an e-mail that opens itself containing a virus directly to an IP without knowing anything about the person, let alone their e-mail address, TELL ME so I can get that f***er.... lol

-Kaboom-

(Edit) What the heck...my message went into your quote.

I think Listchecker has an IP checker.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 5:08 pm 

Where can I get this listchecker?

Haha

PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 5:19 pm 
http://www.google.com ? lol

PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 5:42 pm 

Yeah, I figured that... Just trying to see if someone would give me a nice link. lol :D

PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 9:18 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Download

Tutorial

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 9:55 am 
Forum Staff

Title: 11

Credits go to SaMmM from the Vampirisim Fire forum.

Last edited by Shamanno1 on July 28th, 2008, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 8:33 pm 
Newcomer

Come on Shamanno, give credit where credit is due. SaMmM made that tut, so at least mention him when you use it, also, the whole don't rip part, lawl. Fire forums ftw.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 8:35 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: 11
I never said it was mine...and his name is all over so...

And if u look at the end u see "tutorial made by samm blablabla..."

PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 8:42 pm 
Newcomer

So? Say you got from Fire forums too. People may want more of our beautiful tutorials!