Automatic Hosting?

General discussion of Warcraft 3. Threads may may be posted here if they don't fit into the other sections.

Moderator: Cheaters

Dazer

Automatic Hosting?

Post by Dazer »

Is there any application that starts a Warcraft three game and hosts maps like the Halo dedicated servers?
HELLO
Bushido

Re: Automatic Hosting?

Post by Bushido »

U could use Google for finding it.
but i can say no there isn't any programs that should allow it
u could create a Halo map ;)
[Moved to not map editing section :P]
Shamanno1
Forum Staff
Title: 11

Post by Shamanno1 »

There is one but only for dota and lags like hell + u need 1 valid cd key for roc
~Everything changes~
I have met people who have no dreams, who have simply accepted their fate to work, exist, and die. They are the most miserable people I have ever known.
Dazer

Post by Dazer »

Dang, that sucks. Then I could just set up my computer to hook up to wc3edit's server and just rotate through a list of maps.

I guess it is more complicated with Battlenet and all....
HELLO
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Dazer wrote:Dang, that sucks. Then I could just set up my computer to hook up to wc3edit's server and just rotate through a list of maps.

Someone should make a program for that. Just have a bot hosting random fun maps, and you can set how many people should be in that game for that specific map. Only map that shouldn't be allowed is DotA.
Dazer

Post by Dazer »

Bartimaeus wrote:
Dazer wrote:Dang, that sucks. Then I could just set up my computer to hook up to wc3edit's server and just rotate through a list of maps.

Someone should make a program for that. Just have a bot hosting random fun maps, and you can set how many people should be in that game for that specific map. Only map that shouldn't be allowed is DotA.

Exactly! This way people can play the maps THEY want to (that cant host)

This would make it so that the people that can host don't need to even have their Warcraft three game maximized to play the map

It would make less played maps a lot more popular than they currently are.

The least we could do right now is do the false code for such a program so we could send it to a *willing* programmer to be made.
(eg set up the needed commands for such a program, you wouldn't need to know how to code to do this)
HELLO
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Dazer wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:

Exactly! This way people can play the maps THEY want to (that cant host)

This would make it so that the people that can host don't need to even have their Warcraft three game maximized to play the map

It would make less played maps a lot more popular than they currently are.

The least we could do right now is do the false code for such a program so we could send it to a *willing* programmer to be made.
(eg set up the needed commands for such a program, you wouldn't need to know how to code to do this)

Like AutoRefresh, creates the fake players, joins them, and kicks them, and deletes them after. I wonder how they did that, o.O
Dazer

Post by Dazer »

Well, I think Auto Refresh just imitates a user on a network 1 to 12 times, and If I have it right, one computer can be online while the computers on the same network don't have to be can join the game as if it were being hosted over the network.

So those who are on the same network as the main host (I think) don't have to log into battlenet(I think) to get on the host's game, as long as the game is over a network. I think That is how AutoRefresh works.

This idea would be even easier, because it would take fundamentals of all of ShadowFrench's hacks/utilities.
I believe the automatic host would look something like this:

*User clicks shortcut*

Check Warcraft III is running.
If Yes, automatically log into battlenet from user's saved password
Ask user what maps to put into queue
Ask How many players before start? 2-12
Are joined players in a banlist? if yes, close/open that players slot if no, keep checking
How long (in seconds) to wait when # of players is satisfactory? 1 to 300
Ban those who lag for X amount of time, 5-25 seconds:
When # of players in game= <2 exit map and go to next in queue? yes/no
Repeat when map queue has been completed?
HELLO