Single Player

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

minion78
Newcomer

Single Player

Post by minion78 »

Hello sorry if this has been asked before or explained before (did a search and didn't find anything) but could someone explain to me how I could make save and load work in an RPG?
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

Well, it varies from map to map, however, I commonly see this method for disabling saving... You bascially just scroll through the jass or use ctrl+F (find) and search for 'save' 'single' 'load' and check the conditions etc, otherwise, look for something that disables another trigger.

Example:

The two red lines are places where you would change something if you wanted to reverse whats happening, Firstly, you can change the false to true, so it always ends up true and you can save, secondly, you can delete the trigger line that disables the trigger.

Look for things like this and you should be able to enable single player in most rpgs, however, there are many methods of disabling saving etc.
minion78
Newcomer

Post by minion78 »

ty for the help
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

"bi_isSinglePlayer" only works outide of Bnet, even if you're "single player"
nitras
Newcomer

Re: Single Player

Post by nitras »

how do u open a map in jasscraft ??
HINDYhat

Post by HINDYhat »

Smart mappers will use a player group loop, or a game cache check. And some random conditions that check if the trigger is on or off throughout the map.

And you don't open a map in JassCraft, you open it's .j file. To do that, you open the map up with an MPQ editor, extract war3map.j, and THEN open it up with JassCraft. It might be hidden (in the MPQ) but there are already places here that explain what to do about that (I think...).
Olreich

Post by Olreich »

The guarunteed way to enable Save and Load triggers, is look for all lines saying: "DisableTrigger( <Save Trigger Variable> )" and delete them.
Gawdl3y
Newcomer

Post by Gawdl3y »

This really helped me :)

Thumbs up
  ----------------- Clan VbU - Vampirism beast United -----------------