Own Non-Genuine XP and want updates? Look no further!

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Own Non-Genuine XP and want updates? Look no further!

Post by Durchdringen »

Well if your like me, your Windows CD may be damaged from scratches from so many uses. I've used my CD probably over 50 times in my laptop. I checked around for new CD prices but they are ridiculous!

Here are some samples of prices:

Windows Home XP OEM $89.99 US http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116056

Windows Home XP OEM with 30 Keys is about $2700 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116057

OEM = Original equipment manufacturer

So a CD-Key must run about $80 a piece for another machine, don't quote me on that but it seems like it. Even if it is $20 that is too much. To me you should be able to don't click me a Windows CD and have it run on at least 3 computers with the same key. It is ridiculous that you would have to don't click me 3 versions of Windows to let your family be legal. Microsoft is giving us a good screw job for our money.

Also note that if you bought your computer from retail and it is an OEM version you cannot move windows to another machine without it not being genuine. They do this by making a key exactly for that machine by matching the key with 5 parts in the machine. I can confirm this because I upgraded a motherboard and since it's a core component the key did not work with the same machine.

So let's say you have Windows legally and have a new machine you placed it on. You are not genuine anymore and many updates you will not be able to get without being genuine. Your not at a loss thanks to this site!

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html

So the Genuine Advantage is annoying to you as it pops up all the time and won't let you load windows without clicking Solve Later on the Windows Load. Here's a site that will help you remove that stupid thing!

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/04/26/disable-and-remove-windows-genuine-advantage-notifications-nag-screen/

Ok so let's say you are legit and have an OEM version of windows but you lost your CD-KEY. Mine automatically inserted my CD-KEY when I restored my computer with a fresh install. But if you are unfortunate and this isn't the case for you have no fear! On most OEM versions of Windows XP including all versions (Home/Pro/etc) you can get your CD-KEY.

As stated above this should work on most OEM versions of XP as long as your CD-KEY was supplied within the CD itself. All you need to do is pop in your CD. Do a search directing it toward the CD. Search for "unattend.txt" Your CD-KEY should be there, if not I'm sorry.

Hope that helps anyone out there to save some money. Microsoft deserves to be ripped off. A company that is worth billions of dollars and it shows its respects to its customers by setting ridiculous prices on all of its software. A shame that Mac and Linux aren't as popular :(
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Re: Own Non-Genuine XP and want updates? Look no further!

Post by Dekar »

And mac is that cheap...
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

I haven't used a Mac that much. They are ok, but I see it more for a business organization dealing with graphics and such. Personally I prefer windows way over mac but thats just my opinion.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

windows is so cheap if you compare it with mac os...
you need even special hardware for mac! (to be legal)
and about linux... i really hate it from time to time... you
spend tons of hours reading man pages and using google cause
there are no usable guis for most of the essential tools...
get the best from both worlds... get "Microsoft GNU/Widows Vista Ultimate"
no joke i got it :D
vista ultimate contains a 100% posix compatible kernel
and is able to run the GNU tools ;)
(but /dev/fs/C/ sucks XD)
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Durchdringen

Post by Durchdringen »

I totally agree with you on the Linux, and I probably will upgrade to Vista as soon as I get some cash that I am able to blow away.

Spoiler:
wipeout
Newcomer

Post by wipeout »

reading this i love my dads work cd key no limit and only cost them 600 gulden around 270-280 euro and that for 9000 pc's thats what i call a cheap offer :P