Extracting ability list of all custom units

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

dler4
Newcomer

Extracting ability list of all custom units

Post by dler4 »

I'm trying to extract the ability list of around 700 custom units. I imported the .w3u file in world editor and see the list, but I can't mass export the unit name + ability list. I tried creating a script that manually copies/pastes but copying the ability list (e.g. A04L,A00S,A03F) is internal to the world editor and doesn't actually copy to your clipboard so that didn't work. I also tried to look at the file in notepad but it's mostly NUL characters.

Is there any way to extract this raw data? Preferably just the mdl file name + the ability list of each unit, but if it needs to be a total dump of the unit data that should be fine too, I'll just create a custom parser to go through it as long as it's all readable in a text file.

Also trying to dump object data with RMPQ Extractor just creates the same 2590 kb units.txt file as it does for every other map, it has verified all the files 100% and I'm able to see the custom units in world editor. Why isn't it including custom units? I just need the 2 fields for each custom unit. Attached is the w3u file that has what I need, I'd just want the uabi and umdl fields for each unit in a text file that can be easily parsed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Re: Extracting ability list of all custom units

Post by Vegas »

.w3a is the abilities I thought.
devoltz
Forum Staff

Post by devoltz »

Vegas wrote:.w3a is the abilities I thought.
Sometimes it can also be converted to slk, so they will be on units folder.
Vegas
Shopping Maul USA Creator
Title: No Comment

Post by Vegas »

hmm. I guess i forgot much over the years.