wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm 
Newcomer

Hi,

I was working on this protect map about two months ago, and until now I don't know what kind of protection this map uses.

Problems:

- I can't replace more than one file on the MPQ (Example: file.mp3 and model.mdx or file1.mp3 and file2.mp3 etc).

- I can't replace "war3map.j" more than two times even If I edit it or don't, after the third replace the map wont start/playable anymore "This map size It's too big".

- I tried to rebuild the map were only 11 files was unknown and again after testing It on the game I was getting the same problem "This map size It's too big"

- I tried to rebuild all bvo versions from 1.0 to 5.0 even the beta versions but the only one I succeed rebuilding It was BVO 1.0 I removed only 5 of unknown files, the rebuilded version was working good but some stuffs was missing in the map like trees and others as I think and the map was unopenable in the WE.

What I need?

I need to add new sound files into the MPQ archive (i.e mp3/wav files) but I can't do that due to the Protection.

ok how about replacing the exist files (i.e mp3/mdx/blp etc)

I have made some changes on mp3 files, war3map.j, mdx, so I need to replace them In the MPQ...!

replacing the first file Is ok but the second replacing will lead the map to unstartable/unplayable "This Map size is too big"

I tried to replace files as structure but didn't work.
I tried to replace all files at once/replacing them one by one but didn't work.
I tried to replace only 2 files but didn't work x).
I tried all replace methods, even the mpq editor console method but also didn't work.

What I decided is:

- If the map size is over than 8mb the map wont start and "This map size is too big" message will appear when trying to start It.

- Everytime I replace the MPQ size increases even If the replaced file is unedited/stock.

- Replacing unedited/edit small files like mdx will able again more than 4 times until the MPQ sizes becomes 8mb.

I'm using Ladik's MPQ Editor, Notepad ++, and WC3 v1.24

Map:
https://www.epicwar.com/maps/302505/

Excuse me for my bad English

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2020, 3:03 pm 
Forum Staff

Try with these MPQ Versions.
After your edits, try optimize the map with w3x2Ini or Vexorian (not recommended)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2020, 11:27 pm 
Newcomer

OMG finally...!

You really saved me :-)

I tried to optimize the map as you said @devoltz and boom everything working great and editable in the WE...!

What I did?
Rebuilded the Map/MPQ with removed 11 of unknown files, after rebuilded I just optimize it via w3x2lni and finally It's playable and openable with WE...!

I also tried to optimize the rebuilded map with Vexorian Optimizer but unfortunately didn't work I was always getting "Couldn't find the map's script file!" with no result.

but Is that mean the MPQ are still protect or just the program It's out of date?

* In the rebuilded mpq I can freely replace, add any new files but there's a 8mb limit in the MPQ...!

* My final question Is how can I add a 40mb of new files into MPQ and still playable...?

Note!: I'm not facing any problem with opening the map/MPQ so I just used the latest Ladik's MPQ Editor.

Thanks.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2020, 11:33 pm 
Forum Staff

mribraqdbra wrote:
OMG finally...!

You really saved me :-)

I tried to optimize the map as you said @devoltz and boom everything working great and editable in the WE...!

What I did?
Rebuilded the Map/MPQ with removed 11 of unknown files, after rebuilded I just optimize it via w3x2lni and finally It's playable and openable with WE...!

I also tried to optimize the rebuilded map with Vexorian Optimizer but unfortunately didn't work I was always getting "Couldn't find the map's script file!" with no result.

but Is that mean the MPQ are still protect or just the program It's out of date?

* In the rebuilded mpq I can freely replace, add any new files but there's a 8mb limit in the MPQ...!

* My final question Is how can I add a 40mb of new files into MPQ and still playable...?

Note!: I'm not facing any problem with opening the map/MPQ so I just used the latest Ladik's MPQ Editor.

Thanks.
I'm glad that it worked, it was probably just a outdated version of MPQ Editor,
And if map size is really your issue, try updating to Warcraft 1.26 atleast, and get the 8mb+ size remover.

Join our discord, there's a guy that can help you with optimization questions, I really dont know much about it.
https://discord.gg/sQM4kby7Ek

PostPosted: November 24th, 2020, 12:58 am 
Newcomer

Oh, finally I understand why the author of BVO make an stand-alone patch for sound files...!

the 40mb files that I want to add them was the sound patch for this map, I was just thinking about merging them with the map but now I know why for sure.

Edit forgot this link:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ma ... ue.241793/

Changelog:
https://liquipedia.net/warcraft/Patch_1.24

Now I can continue working on this project with no fear :-)

I will try to join Discord soon as possible...

Thanks you for everything and thanks again @devoltz.

Case Closed.