It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 12:34 pm 
Forum Staff

care guys, he's a 4chan hacker

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 1:48 pm 
Super Moderator

Lol he's getting roasted so much for this, I feel kinda bad

If you act more humble, people will be a lot more receptive and help you rather than making fun of you. I know a lot of people feel like gods after they learn a few jass commands, but remember that there are always more experienced people out there and your cheatpack is probably not the best. And a cheatpack not being discovered for 10 years isn't much of an accomplishment when the map is very obscure and not played/requested much at all. The way you hid the activator is almost the most basic thing you could possibly do, that's why people are making fun of you for thinking it's good. Like don't get me wrong I've written shitty code and thought it was amazing too, everyone does it. Getting some perspective helps with that, seeing the code that exists out there in the real world is always a reality check to show someone how far they have to go.

Want an idea of how to better hide an activator? Try making a StringHash on your activator, for example saio = 800701593
Then you can split it up into math operations, for example 800701593 = 3 + (2 * (5 * (9 + (10 * (5 * 1601403)))))
Split those numbers up and hide them in extended tooltips of objects that you don't see those tooltips for ingame.
(For example: you can have your tooltips be random stuff like gcut79m4tr3ryeht and the extract the "3" from there using substrings, then convert to int)
Have a long line that combines all those together using arithmetic, duplicate this line a bunch more times in the code with minor alterations so it's hard to see which one matters
It'll be broken too, but it would be really tedious to break.

The term for something like hiding an activator is "security through obscurity" - i.e. trying to obscure something that the user has access to, to the point where they can't figure it out. It is known for not working and no security expert would recommend it. However it's all we have in WC3 since you can't do things server side, the client has access to all of the code. WC3 maps are insecure by default.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 11:21 pm 

owner123 wrote:
1.If you act more humble....

2.Want an idea of how to better hide an activator? Try making a StringHash on your activator, for example saio = 800701593....

3.WC3 maps are insecure by default.

For 1. first to all im not looking for atention or saying that im the best coder there is or something my cp is 100% Gui Converted and probably some of you are iven real programers....

for 2. Thats what im avoiding-that makes people suspicios and makes other coders to work , my cp was undescoverd for so long becose it was too simple to make people suspicios,and it whud have stayed that way if it wasnt for that request....
using CPD before a map loads is mostly what people do to check for cheats if you see something like that you whyd want to check it after,but if you see a variable in array you say meh... and go on....
Few maps had jj's Cp inside whit removed command activator but name activator also + name ...

probaby that dude was in a game and i did something like punush him.....

also avoiding " - " and "cheats" or other similar things is the way to make people skip when looking....

basicly keeping text to minimum and avoiding suspisions is what i have bet on and i think its a great strategy :arrow: 3.

for 3. yes as long as wc3 can read a map the people can crack it,so at the time it was pointless to iven think of doing something else,but if " I " am to release it as a cheat pack i will probably do something better for activations...

and thanks for trying to defend me

anyways whit that cp i was trying to make something better than Xantans cp and keep it up to date as mutch as possible and im happy whit the results no metter what you all think or if anyone of you is going to use my cp,so stop beeng so judji please.

Last edited by saio on March 23rd, 2020, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 11:48 pm 
Also Not an Admin, but closer than devoltz

Title: Just Another S.Mod
The way you did to tell us that your cheatpack took 10 years to be "detected" didn't sound good. Anyway, I understood what you tried to do.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2020, 11:53 pm 

nuzamacuxe wrote:
The way you did to tell us that your cheatpack took 10 years to be "detected" didn't sound good. Anyway, I understood what you tried to do.

y it may souded cocy ....
anyways np...

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 12:47 pm 
Forum Staff

care guys, he's a 4chan GUI hacker

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 3:23 pm 

devoltz wrote:
care guys, he's a 4chan GUI hacker

i dont know whats your problem but i havent seen any cp from you anywhere :thumbsup:

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 4:59 pm 
Forum Staff

saio wrote:
i dont know whats your problem but i havent seen any cp from you anywhere :thumbsup:
Made in 10secs trying to improve jjcp http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-cheating-f64/dev-cp-t35680.html
U may also consider my whole SHDR script as a cheatpack too
http://forum.wc3edit.net/tutorials-cheatpacks-f80/shdr-version-for-twrpg-t36350.html
And i have some private ones that i made with haxorico, but why would i share such power.

4chan gui hacker scares me

Last edited by devoltz on March 24th, 2020, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 5:46 pm 
Old Wrinkly Member

Title: Genius
I dont have anything other than CDR series and Vietnab Gay Edition with some person map debug script
I make cheat for people not for myself so why i need hide it

PostPosted: March 24th, 2020, 10:38 pm 

good for you both,so your haters i see well why dont you make fun on Xantans back than seriosly whats your deal?
allso in that "mini cp" you just stolen a few cp triggers so what?
y i did something for my self so whats the big deal ?
and y the simplest thing is what noone is looking at ...
and y i decidet to share something i made just becose someone wanted it, i dont see anithing wrong whit that ....