wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: .w3x filename location!
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2020, 11:54 pm 
Newcomer

There is a map called Zombie Assault Force.
Its creator has abandoned it for millenias, and I decided to give it a few final minor balancing touches.

I used MPQ Recover (to get listfiles of the map), then MPQ Master/Editor, to delete and replace whatever file is needed

However, the filename of the map cannot be changed, or rather, I cannot find it!
One is supposed to be on .wts, string 1 (which is found and changed, displaying above the map display) and another on the wc3 dropdown map menu, which I cannot find!

I guess it would help uploading it, since all I need really, is change the name it displays in the wc3 dropdown from: "Zombie Assault Force v1.03" to "Zombie Assault Force v1.05", that's all that is left from hitting the greenlight!

I legit have spent 3 hours searching for the map title location :(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2020, 11:59 pm 
Also Not an Admin, but closer than devoltz

Title: Just Another S.Mod
Wrong section. Next time post that kind of question at Map Editing, please.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am 
Newcomer

I am new to these forums, I did read the forum rules before posting this, but I didn't know where to post this, thanks for moving it, hopefully someone will help :D

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2020, 12:17 am 

It's ok.

Anyway, do not ever use MPQ Recover neither MPQ Master to edit maps. They are outdated programs and they are more of a hindrance than a help. Just download this MPQ Editor which is updated and way way better than those: http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

To edit what you want you should use a Hex Editor (for example: HxD). Drag and drop into the Hex Editor the map and then edit the map's name.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2020, 12:56 am 
Newcomer

Wow! Thank you so much, you over-delivered since you didn't just tell me how to find the location, but also did the renaming yourself!

As for the programs, I haven't tried protecting/deprotecting a map for years and those programs were the ones I had, thinking the wc3 protecting/deprotecting community was dead so no real updates, I'm glad to be surprised hahaha

Also thanks for the HxD details, I will have it in mind if I do any other editing, but I'm more than satisfied now that Zombie Assault Force can finally rest on a final/definitive version :D

Thanks again, this may seem minor to you (just a name change), but I literally spent around 3 hours trying all sorts of stuff to change the name, and I decided to post this and go to sleep since no one would reply till then, but you did xD

Have a good night! I hope you rest as good as I do hahaha

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2020, 1:13 am 

I'm glad that I could you help you out. I've been through that situation before too and I know what you are feeling. If you have any other question I'll be glad to help you again.

Have a good night too.