Map Restoration - Done

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

genehmster
Newcomer

Re: Map Restoration - Done

Post by genehmster »

hmmm, I´m a bit confused now, when I open my deprotected dota 6.32b, there comes an critical error : corrupted wc3units.doo .

The war3map.j I used unprotect on is in the attachment. Please, don´t flame me if I did anything bad, I tried it 4 hours yesterday (sometimes I missunderstood your post and wasted a few minutes :P ) and I dont wanna waste this time today, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xantan
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Post by Xantan »

delete (attributes) if you haven't
genehmster
Newcomer

Post by genehmster »

wow, thx, now that was easy Oo.

I guess the black boxes (the custom units) cant be restored into their real models (because they wont appear when testing map)?

edit: ok, the black boxes now appear as their real models in game.
darkxion

Post by darkxion »

Firstly, I want to say that I'm very thankful for this guide, it's amazing, I wish I could've figured out this sort of thing on my own, but having someone helping out is great. Second, I ran into a problem with Silk Object, I was hoping you be able to shed some insight.

I moved all the required files, including the war3map.w3* files to the MAP folder. During the process of Silk Object running, when it starts to parse the AbilityData.slk it crashes with..

WARNING: Unknown alias or id found DataA1

many lines of above, ending with DataF4.

It's rather irritating =(
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

darkxion wrote:Firstly, I want to say that I'm very thankful for this guide, it's amazing, I wish I could've figured out this sort of thing on my own, but having someone helping out is great. Second, I ran into a problem with Silk Object, I was hoping you be able to shed some insight.

I moved all the required files, including the war3map.w3* files to the MAP folder. During the process of Silk Object running, when it starts to parse the AbilityData.slk it crashes with..

WARNING: Unknown alias or id found DataA1

many lines of above, ending with DataF4.

It's rather irritating =(

Delete all empty files - in dota there is customcampaign or something like that which is empty and crashes or stops Silk Object for finishing, just delete the empty/zero bytes files

If you still have problem with it then post the link and ill do it for you.
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
darkxion

Post by darkxion »

I had already deleted the two files with 0 bytes, forgot to mention that. So it's not that problem, it's crashing while parsing the file I mentioned before, abilitydata.slk. Here's the link if you want to give it a swing, but this thing is a royal pain in the ass =P

http://epicwar.com/maps/download/18593/ ... 0v5.6b.w3m
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

Sorry but i couldn't find a way to get it to work :(

I deleted and edited almost everything but the problem might be that i cant find in the MPQ the "war3map.h" file, maybe thats the problem maybe its a bug of the program cant tell for sure.

Spoiler:
darkxion

Post by darkxion »

It's cool, thanks for tryin' man.
Last edited by darkxion on October 23rd, 2007, 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

Use a different version of the map or use the files that come before the crash, and are completed, which are the 4 rest. they should work.

Spoiler:
darkxion

Post by darkxion »

Using the 4 files available worked fine, it did generate a new .w3h as well, although I don't know if it actually works as it should or not, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that it didn't generate a dewidgetized .w3a, and needless to say, that's bad, since I need the abilities =P