Adding A Hero To DotA

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

CrackUps

Adding A Hero To DotA

Post by CrackUps »

I'm looking to add a new hero to the latest version of DotA 6.48b. I've tried unprotecting it but all the objects weren't there so i was unable to add a hero to a tavern and I've looked at the pre placed objects tutorial which did not work so please don't refer me to that.

Would somebody please give me some advice or give me an unprotected version of 6.48b with all the objects.
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Re: Adding A Hero To DotA

Post by GeorgeMots »

Basically you want a Dota with the custom objects recovered - you need a special program to de-witghetize the map.

Read at the bottom viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1606&start=10 this. something like a small tut i wrote
http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
CrackUps

Post by CrackUps »

Yeah thats what i want,
Great i'll try that tut :D

Yeah I don't really understand that, Am I meant to download a program called silk objects or something :?

Nvm i've got it now thanks alot was pretty hard getting that Silk Object as the link didnt work i ended up on some chinese website clicking links until one downloaded the correct program lol

[Next time use edit button]
CrimsonReapers
Title: D ProffesionalVictim

Post by CrimsonReapers »

Please don't multi post. Next time use the Edit button located somewhere at the corner of your posts.
I hack whenever I can, and give up whenever I can't. Just my principle. I still don' understand Jass much yet but I believe I am improving as I progress. I noticed I nvr credit JJ after cheating a map with his CP so now I give all credits to him.
I wanted to say thanks to Georgemots for teaching me how to hack maps.

I am not hacking anymore friends and earthlings. I will moderate posts now (sobs). I really wanted to help but I am wargahroarahhhh busy with life. So friends, watch the way u posts :).
GeorgeMots
Crusader

Post by GeorgeMots »

http://slowbro.org/
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;(。◕‿‿­­​­­­­­◕。)

Spoiler:
(03:36:55) xkiska: im too much of a dumbass to understand this
CrackUps

Post by CrackUps »

Ok so now I have all objects of v6.48b at my disposal i can edit them etc.

Except once i create a hero i go to add it to a tavern but its not in the menu of units to pick form, so i decided i'll just edit a hero seeing as theyre already being sold.

I just randomly chose Ezalor Keeper of Light and at first i just changed his appearance so he looked like a different unit.

I exported the unit settings then added them to the Dota 6.48b map except now i start the game i select Ezalor who now looks completely different but it appears the shops in my base and the scourge base are completely black and one shop has been deleted also the scourge towers disappear yet blue jets still fire at you and dmg you but there is no way of fighting back and the creeps just run right past them.

Could someone please explain to me why this is happening and how to fix it?
colmo
V.I.P.
Title: Wc3 is for Nerds!!!!

Post by colmo »

Just ask some1 for a completely deprotected up too date dota map.

im sure some1 will have it for you if you look hard enuff.
...................................................................................................................

[blinking]How Do You Like Me Now? Also Im Going To Capitolize Every Word That I Type From Now On Just To Be Annoying.[/blinking]
GhettoChild
Old Wrinkly Member
Title: OxyContin

Post by GhettoChild »

I'm working hard on 6.48b right now, it should be out in the next few weeks. There is a reason behing the black boxes, most likely due to SLK and the newly created .w3* files.
You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.