wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: September 6th, 2017, 12:06 pm 
Super Moderator

I myself am intrigued by the way the map is made. Arakunido can play and test the map while I try to help with some tips (since the map, even original one, aint working for me) - we are making progress, slow as it is. This map is a hard cookie to crack.
Not only that but the request isnt a simple one, like a CP. It involved checking the code of the map to see characters and follow some conditions etc.. Time consuming...

PostPosted: September 21st, 2017, 11:38 pm 
Newcomer

I've updated the OP to increase bounty to $50 and am excited to see all of you WC3edit veterans giving it a shot.

I've attempted sharing my own WC3 directory with another member here (KangTooJee) as a means of solving the crash problem, but it seems even this did not help him successfully load the map, so we couldn't make much progress - hopefully this information can help someone else at least though.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 10:11 am 
Forum Staff

Would be funny if the map maker find this post and "cheat" his own map only for the bounty.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 9:11 pm 
Newcomer

This map seems to make MPQEditor think it contains files it doesn't, I find files the size of 950MB each... Which clearly isn't the case, Due to this I am unable to scan through any of the available files without crashing MPQEditor in the first place O_o

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm 
Newcomer

Quote:
This map seems to make MPQEditor think it contains files it doesn't, I find files the size of 950MB each... Which clearly isn't the case, Due to this I am unable to scan through any of the available files without crashing MPQEditor in the first place O_o

I was curious about this when I noticed it! I actually attempted just extracting ALL files after applying a list file I generated after basically just fooling around in MPQEditor - By the end I had extracted ~70 GB of junk files.

I assume this is also why people are seeing crashes when attempting to load - That's just an overwhelming amount of junk data to have to load. Let me know if any of this I've already done could be helpful at all.

Quote:
Would be funny if the map maker find this post and "cheat" his own map only for the bounty.

I wish he would. I've tried to get in touch and even attempted to find Chinese translation services that could accommodate requests like this, but have had no luck. I would very sincerely like to pay him for all the content I enjoy so much, but unfortunately the community seems isolated and uninterested in Non-Chinese speakers.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 4:03 am 
Super Moderator

Well the main problem for me is that the map you uploaded does NOT work for me yet it works for other people so my help on that is limited.
IIRC I managed to bypass and extract only the good files without the junk (for the most part) but again, can't test if it works.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 12:46 pm 

Holy molly, now it is 100$, I don't get why you want it so much, but I have a bit of good news, I was able to restore the map with one downside I have to rename all the models (as they are named in a way, that my windows does not understand it) and it should be 100% playable across ANY WC3.

I am currently working on it, so tell me beforehand what you want to have in the map.

P.S. Not all of the models are in such weird way, only 95 of them, which you can find in UnitUI.slk, all I have to do is go through them one by one and rename them, which is a pain, but oh well.

Edit: I really don't like this map, they encoded file names for models, Jesus Christ.

Edit2: 1C 1C 1C 1C 1C 1C 1E 1D 1C 1E 1E 1E 1D 1C 1D 1E 1E 1C 1D 1D 1E 1D 1E 1D 1E 1E 1D 1E 1E 1C 1E 1D 1C 1E 1D 1E 1D 1C 1E 1D here is an example of a name that is ........................................ , but windows converts it all to 2E, so in order to fix this, I will either have to pray and rename all models (too tiring to do it one by one, also very easy to make a mistake.) or find a way how to encode names like they did.

Edit3: Nearly forgot...

haxorico wrote:
Well the main problem for me is that the map you uploaded does NOT work for me yet it works for other people so my help on that is limited.
IIRC I managed to bypass and extract only the good files without the junk (for the most part) but again, can't test if it works.

You need to launch the game via LAN, it WON'T launch via single player, use custom game.dll + forcesizeremover from karaulov, to launch 8mb + maps.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 3:36 am 
Forum Staff

$1000 and i do it
xd.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 9:03 am 

I explained the protection to Ladik, we might see soon a fully finished MPQ Editor version from Ladik that will ignore fake files, all 900+ mb files are now removed, all that is left the rest of fake files that begin in hex with 08 00 00 00.

You can read it here: https://github.com/ladislav-zezula/StormLib/issues/117

P.S. Can any admin change my username to Unryze please?

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 10:57 am 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
Weird place for a name change request, but ok.