wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: June 11th, 2017, 5:12 pm 
Newcomer

map COT RPG:Plains of Medea FoC N v1.30.3b

map link https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/co ... 3b.294239/

dont think this has any anti cheat system but it does have 2 different save systems when you play alone it goes in to single player mode and when you play with some one it goes in to multiplayer mode i was wondering if you can trick the multiplayer save system into working when you play alone.

activator -cheats(space)(space).

thanks in advance for your work.

Last edited by LightMareX on June 13th, 2017, 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 11:43 am 
Cheater

Title: Skid
Fix thread title. It should look like that: [JJCP + SP] COT RPG:Plains of Medea FoC N v1.30.2b

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 5:41 am 

o,o

Last edited by P3in on June 15th, 2017, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 9:54 am 
Newcomer

Pretty good chance you'll get banned with the devs being as active as they are. I was talking to one of them about cheating and got this message:
We might not have an anti cheat system, but that doesnt stop us from permanently banning you guys
// CanFight Developer

He also said that they'll be adding an anti-cheat system in the near future.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 10:16 am 
Newcomer

The only way to "perma ban" a guy from a map is by adding their username to a blacklist (as far as I know). So by changing usernames, it should nullify it.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 5:27 am 
Newcomer

Well, anyway we will basicly just do a code wipe, meaning your hacked version will be useless, as the codes wont work anymore.
Also we are about to implement an abit heavier anti cheat system. I wish you the best of luck and may the odds be forever in your favour.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 8:24 am 
Cheater

I guess it's working.
Attachment:
CoTPoMFoCN_v1.30.3b.w3x

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 11:59 am 

CanFight wrote:
Well, anyway we will basicly just do a code wipe, meaning your hacked version will be useless, as the codes wont work anymore.
Also we are about to implement an abit heavier anti cheat system. I wish you the best of luck and may the odds be forever in your favour.

To be honest. Theres nothing you can do really.
Theres always a way ;)

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 7:29 pm 
Cheater

Oh boy, i joined their discord to talk with CanFight about anti cheat systems and how they harm ordinary players, especially about save codes wipe & to find people to play with, since i liked "original" version of this map and was going to give it a try again.
I was about to chat with some guy about "time played" thing and probably give advice how to improve anti cheat, which checks for "time played" in -stats, since CanFight said that he doesn't know how they will implement it yet(or i misunderstood that). Guess what? I got banned from their channel for.. well, for fullfilling this request, i guess. When i asked him in a frustrated manner about why i was banned, he just copypasted my private message to him into general channel of their discord with words: "banned a cheater. check out his message to me" w/o replying to me in PM. Okay, it's a minor thing, but i'm pretty sure that he's going to add my nickname(which is not a problem, because there's a lot of way to change nickname) in their banlist. I bet you guys know what it means, right? It means, that i won't be able to play it normally, on my main "Arakunido" account. And all because some guy doesn't care about ordinary players and tries to play "I'm justice warrior" game.

ANYWAY, It's not a bad RPG, can be a little tough for new players, but probably worth your time. But don't forget that it's a very old map, since today you can find a lot of "better" RPG maps with better systems(like custom combat, over9000 spells, etc). Give it a try.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 7:41 pm 
Super Moderator

CanFight wrote:

By wiping the codes you make the cheated map useless for the next version? True but it also makes all the hard work done by REAL players useless as well...
And a better anti-cheat? Sweet, cracking anti-cheats is something that is really fun to be honest since any coder makes his own (usually) and it is really fun for me to see how different people take different approaches to the same problem and it helps me in coding other stuff as well. Creativity is a good thing. And I wish you the best with it.

If there is something I learned from Valve, Ubisoft and the creator of Warlock map (sorry i forgot his name).
Fighting with crackers aint the way, it is more like a dance.
Ubisoft tries to fight using that DRM that didn't really work. And they only hurt the customers who paid (sounds like what you are doing)
Valve tries to make pirates become legit, giving a better service and deals.
The creator of Warlock was hanging here on forums talking to us and was looking at how we cracked his map and used that to upgrade his own anti-cheat, IIRC he was a good sport about it. And an excellent coder.

You pick the way you want but I think that the real people you should think of are the people who play the map legit, your customers (sort of) and wiping all their codes and hard work? well good luck with that mate.