wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 9:32 am 
Forum Staff

For w3t example, you can extract it from original map and add it to a blank one, and edit the blank one on w3m Master or on world editor, when you finish editing, you can just extract again and put it on original map.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 9:37 am 

devoltz wrote:
For w3t example, you can extract it from original map and add it to a blank one, and edit the blank one on w3m Master or on world editor, when you finish editing, you can just extract again and put it on original map.

Yeah, on previous reply I explained that I did it, and tested and it seems to work. But thanks anyway. ;)

But if you check the image I posted there too; I can't edit the attributes it gives, eg. Strength +40 and Mana +250 etc.

Where do I do that? In the posted image there is nothing of that sort there, is it?

I can seem to change the gold cost (well, pretty much everything you see in the Image is what I can change) but aside from that - what about the other things? Stats is juts an example.

I can change description, name etc on it; but that doesn't change what it actually does, which is I'm trying to figure out.

They're not in Jass afaik, aside from ''cast a spear, deal 5* strength'' etc. The attributes is not there, right?

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 1:43 pm 
Forum Staff

I'm not good on map editing (not jass) you can ask to Arakunido or Haxorico, they are good on this.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 1:54 pm 

I shall do that, thank you.

If anyone knows, please reply.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 4:14 pm 

I'm back. Hmm... Strength buff is based on either A0XX, A03Z. Which means find it first in it's corresponding w3a file. My suggestion is extract w3a (abilities), w3t (item), w3u (units) (others if you need to). I'm tired to try your map myself, or just lazy... But what I did recently in this old map I cheated was extract all using RMPQextractor then rebuild MPQ. Tada!... complete with model icons, names on World Editor, just press CTRL+D at object editor window to toggle between A0XX (ability rawcode) and its corresponding custom name

But faster is to just import to WE your w3t and it's w3a of concern. You can edit your goldcost there, etcetera. Most commonly they're protected so you'll have to extract it first edit it yourself on WE then export from WE, and add the exported w3t,w3a,w3t, or whichever it is, back to your map via MPQmaster.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 8:29 am 

XD! wrote:
I'm back. Hmm... Strength buff is based on either A0XX, A03Z. Which means find it first in it's corresponding w3a file. My suggestion is extract w3a (abilities), w3t (item), w3u (units) (others if you need to). I'm tired to try your map myself, or just lazy... But what I did recently in this old map I cheated was extract all using RMPQextractor then rebuild MPQ. Tada!... complete with model icons, names on World Editor, just press CTRL+D at object editor window to toggle between A0XX (ability rawcode) and its corresponding custom name

But faster is to just import to WE your w3t and it's w3a of concern. You can edit your goldcost there, etcetera. Most commonly they're protected so you'll have to extract it first edit it yourself on WE then export from WE, and add the exported w3t,w3a,w3t, or whichever it is, back to your map via MPQmaster.

Oh, I see! Can I edit the stats it gives as well? Like attributes? +30 str and so on?

PS:// The mentioned users doesn't seem to respond, devoltz. :/

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 11:13 am 
Forum Staff

They are not much active, try PM.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 1:19 pm 

PM sent, I'll await their reply - I'll come back in a week if no response.

Thanks for help.

(Will still check thread daily)

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 7:45 pm 
Shopping Maul USA Creator

Title: No Comment
Do not PM staff for requests.

Rules:
7. We do not privately fulfill requests. That generally includes by PM - so don't bother staff members unless you're sure they'll do it!