Post subject: [DP] Greece 1.5c
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 2:00 am 

Deprotection Request

Map: Greece 1.5c

Link: attachment

Cheats: Deprotection

Description: ancient greek wars

Thanks in advance for the trouble

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: [DP] Greece 1.5c
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 7:28 am 

Title: KappaPride
Deprotected.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 12:12 pm 

It appears when i open this in editor , there are no models,triggers(i know for this),but also there are no units in world editor , and when i save the map map size goes -2500kb , and when i open it in SP there're no nations , it looks like everything is deleted can you fix it anyhow?
Basically i can't edit now right now and i wanted to improve the map and add some units and other stuff

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 1:44 pm 

Title: KappaPride
LucaJulius wrote:
It appears when i open this in editor , there are no models,triggers(i know for this),but also there are no units in world editor , and when i save the map map size goes -2500kb , and when i open it in SP there're no nations , it looks like everything is deleted can you fix it anyhow?
Basically i can't edit now right now and i wanted to improve the map and add some units and other stuff

well your problem is normal, after deprotecting the map there are usually no units and stuff, dont try to play a deprotected map
what is not normal is that the map is not protected

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 9:31 pm 
Forum Staff

According to map requesting rules, a map doens't need to be playable after deprotected only openable in world editor.
"3. Deprotection is the process of making a map openable by World Editor. It does not necessarily include the ability to save the map in World Editor, nor does it guarantee the fidelity of content in comparison to pre-protection, especially in regards to the GUI triggers, which are almost 100% of the time deleted when protected, and cannot be brought back with deprotection."

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 12:14 am 

LucaJulius wrote:

The process you are seeking is not deprotection. What you're really looking for is, restoration. This is simply not offered at this site due to the sheer amount and of time and effort required.

1. The triggers cannot be brought back to a gui form. That is almost 100% lost when deprotecting.
2. X-Dep or any other deprotection software cannot restore placed units.
3. You cannot save the map because the saving triggers may have been obfuscated which is impossible to read.
4. Deprotection is only to make a map open-able in the world editor.

Here is my deprotected version after salvaging off of new's work. As said before, I cannot guarantee that this will be any better with 3 files missing.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 12:12 pm 

thanks a lot everybody for your spent time and effort

so i am wondering now if there is any tutorial or any way i can learn how to ''restorate'' a map since i'd really like to edit it on my own

Also,how much time would i need to learn JASS so i can edit triggers and units by jass.. lol

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 11:51 pm 

LucaJulius wrote:
thanks a lot everybody for your spent time and effort

so i am wondering now if there is any tutorial or any way i can learn how to ''restorate'' a map since i'd really like to edit it on my own

Also,how much time would i need to learn JASS so i can edit triggers and units by jass.. lol

I suggest you take a look here http://jass.sourceforge.net/doc/

It varies on the type of learner you are and how fast you learn.

Edit: Found more after doing a simple google search.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper ... view=34165
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/beg ... ies.30765/
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=78946