[reopened]Opens map in WE, but any edit screws it up..

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

XD!

[reopened]Opens map in WE, but any edit screws it up..

Post by XD! »

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-dpckn ... dZN0dJWEE/

This latest FMA map seems to be unprotected for me at first. I'm new to this and any bit of edit inside the World Editor will result in playing the map without any units in it. Once I reopened it in WE in just crashes, I swear when I saved it before I can still see all the custom objects in F6, but when I tried opening it this time with MPQmaster, all the custom files are gone.

Could there be any way I could still edit this? I'd like to edit some world editor stats like "stats - stock start delay" w/c i believe can't be altered by jass script but via world editor alone.

edit: back to unsolved, i don't know how to modify a custom map's "gameplay interface" option. what file does this option affect?
Last edited by XD! on September 29th, 2014, 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
. . .
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Re: I can open a playable map in WE, but any edit screws it

Post by JustANewbie »

Even though you can open the map with World Editor ,but it does not mean that the map is fully unprotected, the map is actually optimized using Vexorian's Optimizer, so you can't edit the map directly using World Editor without doing some simple restoration.
XD!

Post by XD! »

It's not common for me so may I ask what you mean by simple restoration?
. . .
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

Restoration which have to be made to restore the important map datas for World Editor which are deleted especially the triggers and the import data
XD!

Post by XD! »

Mind if I ask if what my interpretation of what u said is right? If my steps below need correction pls do tell. thanks in adv.

1a. I think first I need to save or extract all that are not war3map*.* Also, backup a copy of the map.
1b. (I did that since iirc whenever I edit and save it the only stuffs remained are the war3map*.* ...I used mpqeditor/mpqmaster to check.)
#2 I am limited to editing non-war3map.j (e.g. gameplay constants, pref., etc.) edits on that map, am I?
#3 Save and exit
#4 Restoration, I believe, is re-adding (e.g. using mpqeditor) the files that are lost whenever you edited and saved that specific map.
. . .
JustANewbie
Forum Spammer

Post by JustANewbie »

If you want to edit the object data of the map, which usually are units, items and abilities, you can follow this guide.
http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-cheating-f64/object-editing-without-deprotection-t24945.html
As you know, you could edit the map script using the war3map.j
And about the gameplay constant, look for a file named war3mapMisc.txt, or save a blank map, import the war3mapMisc.txt into the blank map using any MPQ tool, open the blank map using world editor and edit the gameplay constant, after you have finished edited save the map and extract war3mapMisc.txt from the blank map and import to the original map.
XD!

Post by XD! »

Awesome! I've seen the forum topic of the link before but didn't know it's related to what I need for the map. Thanks you as well for the other tips, JustANewbie.
. . .
XD!

Re: [reopened]Opens map in WE, but any edit screws it up..

Post by XD! »

a problem i recently encountered is how to modify a custom map's "gameplay interface" option. what file does it affect?
. . .
Apple
Forum Staff
Title: Best Player

Post by Apple »

XD! wrote:a problem i recently encountered is how to modify a custom map's "gameplay interface" option. what file does it affect?

Your sig is truly annoying.. Can you cut the length?
Request a map? Follow the rulesHERE
Request templateHERE
Please, do not PM me.
On the side note, I'm still playing vampirism speed on malaysia room, occasionally in Garena. Bcuz too lazy to find out where else I can play them.
XD!

Post by XD! »

@Apple, do you happen to know how to edit the custom map's gameplay interface?

http://forum.wc3edit.net/deprotection-cheating-f64/object-editing-without-deprotection-t24945.html as JustANewbie said didn't contain how to edit gameplay interface - such as what to display when someone is getting disconnected (in-game it says something like F*** this Lagger, and I'd like to change that)
. . .