wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 7:01 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Alright, but the way you described it earlier made it sound like the object editor in World Editor was missing entire levels of data - specifically, the lower levels. Actually looking at it, it looks the other way around: a spell I'm looking at has descriptions/tooltips for all five levels, and then the rest of the data goes up to level 4. Or were you describing the situation pre-"restoration"? If so, why don't I see any object data at all pre-"restoration"?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:41 am 

Right... I'll explain it once more... In the map I sent you there is a folder "Units" that contains slk/txt files that are responsible for most of the part of the map. For example AbilityData.slk is responsible for spells in the map, it contains level 1 to level 3, so it takes the most of the part as level 1 is a beginning of the war3map.w3a itself. So for example, the restored version should have 5 levels of spells, but even though some of the spells do have 5 levels, most of them miss some of the data on level 4 and level 5. Which makes the map crash or freeze. When I fixed the leaks, it still didn't work properly, the FPS was going down until warcraft 3 just froze)

P.S. Slk files are readable by the warcraft 3 itself and by WE too, but they don't contain the data for them to be displayed in WE, basically SLKs are parts of MPQs in Warcraft itself, basically SLKs in map replace the data of the MPQs of warcraft 3, for them to display correctly.

P.P.S If there is a program that ables you to edit the war3map.w3a itself, it would be much easier. (Without WE) of course.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 9:12 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Yeah, I get all that, I was just confused as to where the "missing" data was placed - as you originally stated that the first three levels were located in the .slk/.txt files, (okay), and that at least some of the other data, (for abilities, the later levels), were stored in the normal Warcraft 3 data files, (the war3map.w3a file in this case). The thing I was trying to say, though, is that those later levels don't seem to show up in World Editor pre-restoration. Does it need the earlier levels' data to do that? I'm just trying to ascertain as to where all the later levels actually are before trying to restore the .slk data.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 10:04 am 

Look, slk files take the "pre-restoration" data. WE is able to read the war3map.w3a it has, but as in it there is no statement for the "added" spells or "custom" spells it's not able to display it, as there is nothing to display. And SLK are just tables that have declaration of spells in them but can't be extended more than to 4 levels, who knows why. But as 4th level is used in war3map.w3a, even if you do add it to SLK the warcraft will read 4th level in war3map.w3a as it has the priority. I tried to change war3map.w3a in TXT file itself, but even though I copied the "STX" string the damage didn't change at all, so it seems it's stored by some other way. If only there was a program to read the war3map.w3a itself ;d

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 11:03 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Okay, I am guessing the problem is with the fact that the strings are in a foreign language. That, or Silk Object Console simply does a better job at doing this, but can't handle foreign characters. By removing all the string data, it seems to have restored all the technical data correctly. Unfortunately, without the strings, it's arguably even worse of a mess than it was before. Take a look. All of the levels seem to have their data input correctly, but now we have idea what anything is called, and the abilities aren't grouped correctly anymore, either...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 1:02 pm 

Sorry for late reply, I was at school at that time, now home. So the funny fact is, it's able to read Korean text, but not Russian, which is DAFUQ ;d

Well, now it crashes on loading, so this solution won't do, but just a sec, I'll try fixing some stuff :P

Actually ... what I said, the ability data seems to work great. but everything is missing its strings, well this is at least better than it was :3

P.S. What did you put in SLK_LEVEL_LIMIT = ?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 1:48 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

As I said in the previous post, I actually switched over to Silk Object Console, (which doesn't have any options to speak of). Though now I want to try using Optimizer under the same circumstances to see if it does it right then, too...

(edit) Thinking about this, how well does Optimizer restore everything besides the ability data? I think you said something about buff data not being all there, too? Maybe if you used some of the restored data from Optimizer and some of it from Console, it wouldn't be so terrible...

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 2:02 pm 

Well the war3map.w3a is restored in a way I need with translation and stuff in optimizer, but some of the spell data is missing, and after 10-20 seconds of playing the map, FPS starts to drop down and eventuall warcraft 3 will freeze.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 6:54 am 

Right, I should try doing war3map.w3a you gave me and use Widgetizer on it, and then input the translation, maybe it will fix the problem, because restoring it all is too much of a pain :D

PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 10:30 am 

Anyway, I found out the problem and now fixing it, finished retranslating 30%, had to remake the CampaignAbilityData.txt ^^