Your wishlist

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
mellonade
Newcomer
Title: Bro

Your wishlist

Post by mellonade »

So I've been thinking about this, and I decided to share it with you guys and see what you think. (and for shits and giggles, obv...)
If you could wish for 5 things other than the boring and useful stuff like money,fame,education etc. , what would YOU wish for?

For me the list is:
The Portal gun
The Frostmourne
TotalBiscuit`s voice
A talking monkey
Balls of steel

I'll be looking forward to checking out what you guys wish for.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: Your wishlist

Post by Bartimaeus »

Why would I spend five wishes of presumably unlimited power on novelties? That would be silly, and also the greatest waste to all of existence that there ever was. At that point, if that kind of wish is the only type of wish I could make, I probably wouldn't even bother.
mellonade
Newcomer

Post by mellonade »

Bartimaeus wrote:Why would I spend five wishes of presumably unlimited power on novelties? That would be silly, and also the greatest waste to all of existence that there ever was. At that point, if that kind of wish is the only type of wish I could make, I probably wouldn't even bother.

Because there is no fun in every wish being the same, and if you cba to make five wishes that are different and unique, that is totally fine.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

By "different and unique", you mean utterly useless. Again, if I had five wishes of presumably unlimited power, I would not waste them on novelties. An afterlife of some sort would probably be my first wish. Then a restructuring of the universe - it's hard to tell exactly what I'd do in regards to it, but the way it currently is simply won't do. And then...well...well, I'm not sure what I'd wish for after that. Perhaps I'd use the other three wishes to expand upon the first two. Might spend one of them on something personal, but only due to a lack of other more important things to wish for.
mellonade
Newcomer

Post by mellonade »

Bartimaeus wrote:By "different and unique", you mean utterly useless. Again, if I had five wishes of presumably unlimited power, I would not waste them on novelties. An afterlife of some sort would probably be my first wish. Then a restructuring of the universe - it's hard to tell exactly what I'd do in regards to it, but the way it currently is simply won't do. And then...well...well, I'm not sure what I'd wish for after that. Perhaps I'd use the other three wishes to expand upon the first two. Might spend one of them on something personal, but only due to a lack of other more important things to wish for.

Okay, okay. I get it, my argument is invalid.
owner123
Super Moderator

Post by owner123 »

I totally agree with reconstruction of the universe. So many things I hear about make me so sad, and wonder how people are capable of doing them :(

I would change human nature so that no one would be capable of acts like the Sikh temple shooting that happened yesterday.

Also I would remove mental insanity, birth defects, and all the other things like that.

An afterlife? I'm not sure if I'd want that. Obviously if something with unlimited power makes it, there would be no problems, but if it was like here on Earth, I don't think I'd want to live forever with no way to end it. I guess I would ask for it to be made, but be optional (You can choose to go there, or truly die).

I would most likely use one of the other ones to with to know whether there is a god or not, and which religion, if any, had it right. It's a problem that has always intrigued me, whether there is a god or not. I think most likely if any are true, it's some of the more obscure religions that believe in nonviolence and total acceptance of other religions.

I dunno what I would do for the other two. Personal stuff if I can't think of anything else. Though, I'd wish for 100 more wishes with my last one so that if I thought of other stuff I could do it :D

BTW: Different and unique wishes don't have to be useless.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

owner123 wrote:BTW: Different and unique wishes don't have to be useless.

His exact phrasing to begin with was "boring and useful things". I thus assumed any wishes that weren't utterly useless, (i.e. anything really worth wishing for), were out of the picture, and only whims of the moment were allowed.

Your idea in regards to restructuring is nice, but I'll admit I had an entirely different idea in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of introducing new sentient species, systems of magic, different planes of existence, etc. The world is simply too...closed, as it is. We're all stuck here, with each other. I would aim to remedy that.

Destruction of life, surely, is sad, but its effects are all rather nicely avoided with the option of an afterlife. To me, it seems hard to care about what happens in a temporary existence when you've got something - presumably nice - that will last forever afterwards.