Fai vs JJ =/

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

flamers369

Fai vs JJ =/

Post by flamers369 »

One main difference i spotted between Fai's and JJ's are the download rates..
I have 2 identical maps, one cheated with Fai and the other with JJ, the map with FaiCP took an average of 3min to download while the map with JJCP took an average of 55sec.

I know that the amount of commands compared to JJ, Fai has even more. but why does it take so long?
in Garena, a person without the map comes in and downloads the map, the one with Fai took like almost 5sec to move from 0 to 1, but for JJCP its on the spot 0 to 1.

Because of this inconveniece i resorted to epicwar.com and other download sites for faster downloading rates.

I'm not hinting anything but this might make a good point for those who want to hack large maps (eg. RPG) and insert Fai.
It takes reasonably long compared to JJCP.

Advanced and unique commands but slow or Simple but fast.

PS.: Fai's CP requires a person with at least an intermediate level knowledge of JASS to find the activator whereas for JJCP a person just needs to open the MPQ archive to find it at the very first few lines.

Go figure =/
There are two things that are infinite. The Universe, and Human Stupidity.
-Albert Einstein
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Re: Fai vs JJ =/

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

It really isn't that hard to find the activator for FAI's CP, if you know what you're looking for. However, because of this, if people know you cheat, they can't find the activator and use it before you like they can with JJ's, and then mess with you by changing the activator (always fun to do :P).

Anyway, if you wanna find the activator for FAI's (or change it to whatever you want), just search

set vfai_col7[12]="

That's where the activator is. If you want to change it, you can, but you'll still need to add 3 spaces after that.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.

(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...

Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
flamers369

Post by flamers369 »

Recently, I myself have been learning more about JASS and its functions. I know it's easy to find FaiCP's activator but I have a way to counter people who can scan maps efficiently. I set the activator to a colour code with 3spaces. Even if I accidentally say it out to allies it's only 3spaces they are seeing. And to top it off, the codes below the string set vfai_col7[12] and the activator are all colour codes. So the activator blends in with the other colour codes as well. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. :)
-Albert Einstein
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

The download speed could be due to a difference in size of the map, or network conditions. Different people will take longer to download; they could have a slower connection or a longer ping.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
flamers369

Post by flamers369 »

everyone downloaded the same speed (slow) and i even tried asking friends to host and still get the same results
its probably the map size
-Albert Einstein
initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

Post by initialD »

I doubt about the DL speed thingies. The map with JJ or Fai doesn't differ much from map sizes either.
But for others thing you are right. Fai's cp has less user than JJ for sure. As I said even a long time ago, Fai's cp is not meant for pubbies.
For JJ, I tried to play it but there wasn't even a command to give gold to other players in DotA. But for other maps you can simply give gold to other players with the default methods. Somehow I am a dota players. That's why I need a Cp for myself.
There is no need for comparisons.
Just don't use Fai's cp. ;) Enough problems for me while too many other players know the password.*
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

In JJ's CP, there's a way to give gold. If you mean like the -gold function, it's -g ## (amount). Or -unlock which will let you pool your gold.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.

(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...

Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
flamers369

Post by flamers369 »

initialD wrote:Fai's cp is not meant for pubbies.

If it isn't meant for pubs then wat is it meant for? I mean, when u hack a map, u want it to be as official as possible so that more people download the map. If it isn't for pubs then I assume it's meant for inhouse games? But even so.. why would your friends download a map they all have to redownload? I hope you get what I'm saying here..

[EDIT] I am also a DotA player. But I stick mainly to OMG DotA.
-Albert Einstein
initialD
Some Honorary Title
Title: Angry Bird

Post by initialD »

the definations of words 'pubbies" , "official" are not same with you and me. So why would we talk even more about it? If you get it you get it, if we didn't get each other, it's ok. Nothing to bother about.