Valve is a bunch of retards.

Grampa Simpson said it right. Got something to bitch about, do it here. NO FLAMING. This area is to let off some steam.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Valve is a bunch of retards.

Post by Bartimaeus »

Alright, as you may know, I regularly play Team Fortress 2. My best class is scout, and I use the Force-a-Nature. Recently, Valve has taken to try and...well, not nerf...but "change" the way the FAN knock-back works.

This is how the knockback mechanism worked:

Original: When shot with a quarter to full damage shot, targets would be tossed up a foot or two. This wasn't too bad.
Valve Fix #1-9000: I dunno, but I remember seeing a ton of patches claiming to fix the FAN, but there was never any change.
Recent Change: Knock-back was very nearly completely removed. It basically tossed the target which ever way you're shooting. Which isn't bad. But it was accidentally made to not work on ground units at ALL. Fail.

The patch that came out today? Well...watch this video: http://www.wegame.com/watch/new-force-a ... knockback/

Changes: On close range, the FAN literally knocks enemies flying through the air as if they had been hit by a rocket...okay...so you try and nerf the FAN, only to screw it up because you didn't play-test your crap, and then try to fix it, only to make it absolutely, insanely powerful - I can juggle heavies now! It's like a super-compression blast, except that it does damage.

Valve, I am disappoint.
Hillo
Forum Staff

Re: Valve is a bunch of retards.

Post by Hillo »

Bartimaeus wrote: But it was accidentally made to not work on ground units at ALL. Fail.

This was intended.

Bartimaeus wrote:Original: When shot with a quarter to full damage shot, targets would be tossed up a foot or two. This wasn't too bad.

It was overpowered as hell for the first two days.

Bartimaeus wrote:Valve Fix #1-9000: I dunno, but I remember seeing a ton of patches claiming to fix the FAN, but there was never any change.

They fixed it having unlimited range, the knockback was tweaked and other balance changes.

Bartimaeus wrote:The patch that came out today? Well...watch this video: http://www.wegame.com/watch/new-force-a ... knockback/

Got to try it.

EDIT:

Force-a-Nature will now correctly knock back players on the ground

Increased minimum damage required for the Force-a-Nature to cause a knockback from 30 to 40

Also, best change so far:

Fixed Sniper rifle not penetrating friendlies
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

I don't give a crap if it was intended. Anyways, you're completely wrong. It was meant to be reduced on the ground, not completely disabled as it was - if you see the patch notes, you'll see that they admitted it to not working, as well.

For the first two days? It's been that way ever since it was released...

Yeah, but it was never really 'fixed'. It was just tweaked a little.

It is not correctly. I don't know how it could be correctly when I can shoot people from one side of the bridge on 2fort to the other.
Small Sized Duck
Noob
Title: LSD.

Post by Small Sized Duck »

it's are a bunch of retardS.

OR Valve is retarded. Your choice.

Nazi'd.

And yeah, it's really messed up. Let's go glitch together!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Valve are a bunch of retards? Valve is one entity, yet it holds more than one entity in the name.

Would you say, "Valve are dumb", or would you say, "Valve is dumb"? Valve has multiple people, so I guess, according to you, it's are, :D

Valve is fits much better.
Hillo
Forum Staff

Post by Hillo »

Bartimaeus wrote:I don't give a crap if it was intended. Anyways, you're completely wrong. It was meant to be reduced on the ground, not completely disabled as it was - if you see the patch notes, you'll see that they admitted it to not working, as well.

It is not correctly. I don't know how it could be correctly when I can shoot people from one side of the bridge on 2fort to the other.

Stop playing 2fort, it sucks monkey balls.
matchai
Forum Staff

Post by matchai »

Hillo wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:I don't give a crap if it was intended. Anyways, you're completely wrong. It was meant to be reduced on the ground, not completely disabled as it was - if you see the patch notes, you'll see that they admitted it to not working, as well.

Goldrush FTW, we should all play TF2 together
UndeadxAssassin
Grammar King
Title: Worst human for 4eva

Post by UndeadxAssassin »

TREE FIGHTER OWNS. kthx.
(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.

(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...

Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

Hillo wrote:

Not if you're not competitive.
Hillo
Forum Staff

Post by Hillo »

It still sucks, it's boring, repetitive and sucks.

Goldrush is awesome, wunt 2 pleh sumtiems nubchai?