NEED RPG HELP

For fulfilled maps that most likely don't work on the latest patch (1.24 or later).

Moderator: Cheaters

Shafter
Newcomer

NEED RPG HELP

Post by Shafter »

:D :D I need a trigger that makes a model appear when a unit picks up an item, like in Master Crafters with the weapons and things. Please help me out! :D :D
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

try searching... i think this question has been answered before!
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Aero
Forum Staff
Title: JASS Programmer

Post by Aero »

Go to Abilities in Object Editor

Find the ability "Sphere"

Make a new custom ability based off that one. There will be a field called "Art - Target". In here, put the model you would like to attach. Under it, put the attachment points and after that under "Art - Target Attachments" put the number of attachments.

Then, add the new custom ability based off Sphere to your item.

Done. When a unit picks up your item now, it will receive the target attachments you specified without anything else changing.
Shafter
Newcomer

Re: NEED RPG HELP

Post by Shafter »

When i try that the sword (model im trying) sticks to the base of the unit (ground) and the other ones im trying (long sword) dont work at all..... :(
Bartimaeus²

Post by Bartimaeus² »

Shafter wrote:When i try that the sword (model im trying) sticks to the base of the unit (ground) and the other ones im trying (long sword) dont work at all..... :(

Try putting it in the left hand/right hand attachment.
Shafter
Newcomer

Post by Shafter »

yea... that worked but now i got another problem... how can i make it so that the unit cant pick up a left handed sword when he has a sheild... or cant weild more then one weapon to each hand... (exp. Has an axe in right hand, and then picks up a right handed sword, then both models will pop up) but i need the trigger that makes the item picked up go to a designated region, like the inventory in Master Crafters... please help me :?
Bartimaeus²

Post by Bartimaeus² »

I don't know how to do that; Special Effects isn't in my league.
Shafter
Newcomer

Post by Shafter »

alright...
weirdone2
Forum Staff

Post by weirdone2 »

Do some if then's after adding the items into groups like all shields in thier own little group then if item is picked up and is in group shield if theirs already a item in shields or whatever else can't be equiped at same time on the unit then drop the item or move it to a location w/e. So you'll also have to make a function that registers what item groups the unit already carries. :?
Shafter
Newcomer

Post by Shafter »

can u give me a set up trigger for that function? im not good with variables..