wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Torchlight
PostPosted: October 27th, 2009, 4:32 pm 
Forum Staff

Alright..so i play the MMO Perfect world, and im set to get newsletters from em and i got an interesting one today. Normally i wouldent pay much attention to it, but this seemed a bit different. It was a notice to pre-order one of there projects of a new game, which in itself isiant that appealing, however, what caught my eye was this line..
Quote:
...an action-RPG from the same talent that brought you Diablo I and Diablo II, Fate and Mythos.

So, i looked into it and got a bit more information, apparently two names from the diablo series,
Quote:
Max Schaefer (co-designer of Diablo I and II), and Erich Schaefer (also worked on the Diablos and co-founded Blizzard North with his brother Max)
are the designers of this game. Now..i love the diablo series..its one of the first computer games that ive ever really gotten into..and from what it looks like from gameplay footage of the game, its pretty similar to diablo, though, has a slight more toon feeling to it.

Now, the thing is, it costs 20$ and is not really that big of a game, 10-12 hours. So, if there are any diablo fans on here, which i assume theres at least a few, i'd appreciate it if you were to take a quick look at the game, and tell me what ya think of it.

http://www.torchlightgame.com

Post subject: Re: Torchlight
PostPosted: October 27th, 2009, 4:42 pm 
Forum Fanatic

Title: mib^
cool game :D

(06:05:25) UndeadxAssassin: SLANDER
(06:05:32) Bartimaeus: See you later, Undead. I miss talking to you. Message me once in a while, :<
(06:05:37) UndeadxAssassin: /quit Bartimaeus!
(06:05:40) ChatBot: Madara logs into the Chat.
(06:05:49) ChatBot: Madara has been logged out (Kicked).
(06:05:54) Bartimaeus: >>
(06:06:02) Bartimaeus: He doesn't deserve to see my good bye to you, :D
(06:06:23) UndeadxAssassin: I'm still here because I wanna see his response
(06:06:29) UndeadxAssassin: :D
(06:06:31) ChatBot: Madara logs into the Chat.
(06:06:31) Bartimaeus: Oh.
(06:06:35) Bartimaeus: lol
(06:06:43) Madara: So should i say something dramatic
(06:06:48) Madara: or what satisfies u ?
(06:06:48) Bartimaeus: Nope.
(06:06:50) Bartimaeus: Because nobody cares.
(06:06:52) Bartimaeus: :3
(06:06:57) UndeadxAssassin: What a let down
(06:06:58) UndeadxAssassin: I'm leaving.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2009, 6:58 pm 
Grammar King

Title: Worst human for 4eva
I'm sure that doesn't help him at all...
You should at least expand on what you like about it and what you don't like, else it's just spam.

@Syre: Is the site undergoing maintenance right now? I'm getting an internal server error while trying to load the page.

(20:53:52) Bartimaeus: Thank you, Jen.
(20:53:56) Bartimaeus: Truly, you are wise.

Quote:
(23:44:12) Bartimaeus: I was in pubic school until middle school...

Learn how to extract and read RAW Codes here!

Need help? Click here and ask your question!

PostPosted: October 28th, 2009, 2:20 am 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
UndeadxAssassin wrote:
I'm sure that doesn't help him at all...
You should at least expand on what you like about it and what you don't like, else it's just spam.

@Syre: Is the site undergoing maintenance right now? I'm getting an internal server error while trying to load the page.

It took a minute, but I got through.

Oh. This explains things:
Quote:

Key issues resolved, thanks for your patience!

Today is launch day, and we couldn't be more excited! We're also scrambling to get Torchlight up on our site - we had some issues with wrapping it for DRM (at this point we're going with Yummy but still, it's been a ride). Please believe us, we will have it up as soon as humanly possible today - some of us were here all night doing last minute fixes.

Also, given the issues we'd had, we aren't able to offer the demo today, and at this point it came down to just putting the game up or delaying it to provide the demo as well. We figured you'd rather just get right to the game! We will put the demo up in the next day or two, but in the meantime, you can demo Torchlight at our partner sites: Steam, Perfect World, GamersGate, Gameware, and WildTangent. Thanks for your patience and support, we're super psyched - and will announce when Torchlight is live on our site here and on Twitter.

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

PostPosted: October 28th, 2009, 7:01 am 
Forum Staff

Thank you for that Senethior, i wasent even aware there was a demo for this game.

Anyways, i played through the demo for a bit..and quite enjoyed it. The graphics, compared to diablo, really have a much more toon sense to them, however the gameplay is pretty much identical to diablo is, though so far, much, much easier. With the starting weapon, you can pretty much 2 hit kill anything in the first and second level, besides elites. (Note, i was playing on normal, dont know how much harder it is on the higher settings). Item drops are abundant, and gold is picked up automatically just by walking near it. Theres supposed to have rides and different pet options, however i dident play that much so i cant specify on that exactly.

There is no lack of creatures in the game, as they are in packs..everywhere. One thing that is different from the diablo series though, is the quests. Unlike the main storyline only, theres a bunch of sidequests to do..which in my opinion is a big benefit.

Theres one thing more to this game, that i havent tried yet, but theres an level editor. Apparently you can create your own levels in it and will probably be able to upload for others to download, so there may be a lot more time than the 10-12 hours i previously stated. Though, since its just a demo, im not sure about multiplayer, but i dont see why it shouldent be there.

Well overall..i enjoyed the demo quite a bit and will probably end up getting the game. Thanks. If anyone else trys it out, i'd still like to hear your opinions on it.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2009, 7:56 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

They're seperating the game into two seperate packages - the main game, and then a year from now, multiplayer. That's why it's only 20$, ;)

PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 7:51 am 

Title: oh wow you guys
Because im a good guy il don't click me this 1 (because no dumbass tought of ripping it on TPB :lol: ) My dad get's new stuff at his shop 2day s i bet i can get it for 10$

Hillo rocks!

PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 8:14 am 
Forum Staff

Bonestomp wrote:
Because im a good guy il don't click me this 1 (because no dumbass tought of ripping it on TPB :lol: )
Well, first you should try out the demo, to see if ya like it before going and buying it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/41510/ (Since this is a demo and a legit download, it isn't counted as warez, right?) You have to have steam for it to work, but thats a quick download and install.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 4:54 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Syre wrote:
Bonestomp wrote:
Because im a good guy il don't click me this 1 (because no dumbass tought of ripping it on TPB :lol: )
Well, first you should try out the demo, to see if ya like it before going and buying it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/41510/ (Since this is a demo and a legit download, it isn't counted as warez, right?) You have to have steam for it to work, but thats a quick download and install.

Steam is never warez, ;)

PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 8:55 am 

Title: oh wow you guys
Bartimaeus wrote:
Syre wrote:
Bonestomp wrote:

Steam is never warez, ;)

The game is fantastic and i got it for 10$ at my dad's shop but im dAmn annoyed i had lvl 20 and it didnt saved it any ideas how can i get my uber alchemist back?

Hillo rocks!