It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 5:57 am 
Legendary Genius

Title: Legendary Genius²
How So... lol?

Well like I stated before people would still be able to get guns
So tell me how hard would it to be to kill someone that isn't
allowed to have a gun... not that hard ;)

PSU: Corsair CX500
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB @ 1866
GPU: Radeon HD 4870 1GB
HDD: OCZ Vertex series 30GB SSD
Case: Antec 900
Monitor: Toshiba 32"

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 6:02 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

JJ2197 wrote:
How So... lol?

Well like I stated before people would still be able to get guns
So tell me how hard would it to be to kill someone that isn't
allowed to have a gun... not that hard ;)

Yes, howso.

Probably because I figure that most crime-do-ers don't usually have llicenses would get arrested before they're allowed to even do their crime.

At least, I figure that. :P

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 6:12 am 
Legendary Genius

Title: Legendary Genius²
Why would they get caught before... what do they go right up to the
cops and go Hey I got a gun when I shouldn't... now arrest me?
It's not that hard to put on a skii mask knock on someones door
wait for an anwser... and bang... dead... haha?

PSU: Corsair CX500
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB @ 1866
GPU: Radeon HD 4870 1GB
HDD: OCZ Vertex series 30GB SSD
Case: Antec 900
Monitor: Toshiba 32"

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 6:56 am 
Forum Drunk

JJ2197 wrote:
It's not that hard to put on a skii mask knock on someones door
wait for an anwser... and bang... dead... haha?

What does this prove? Could happen with or without legal weapons.
Making weapons illegal would just make them more expensive, that's right.
But this prevents people from getting (using) weapons. If you've got to get a license
(which includes first aid training etc) you'll think twice if you really want it.
But maybe the problem isn't caused by the weapons (In Canada you can also get guns
but they don't have that many people killed by guns.) but by the people who live in the us.
Maybe Europe should just nuke the usa to prevent them from killing each other. ;)

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

PostPosted: June 28th, 2008, 9:21 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
Look at drugs. They're illegal, but there's plenty of them! Making them illegal just means that people will hide them. Keeping guns legal within reason, like needing a permit, would actually make it easier for people to defend themselves. Guns being illegal just means that it's harder for people to defend themselves- the criminals hide the guns now. Making them illegal just means they have to hide them. They hide them, nobody else has them, who do you think is going to win?
Of course, I see it from a different viewpoint too. If you were in a situation where you DID have a gun, and you were against a criminal, would you use it? Would you shoot to kill? Or to disable, like the foot or arm? Or to cripple, like the elbow or knee? Would you wait until they shot, or would you shoot them when they pull the gun out? What if they pull it out to stop a criminal behind you that you don't see, it looks like they're pointing at you, and you kill them. Or, what if you think it's the above example, but it isn't- they're really aiming at you!

And Obama has flipflopped on issues too. Don't you ever watch the Colbert Report? It's funny, but it's true, too. The issue of public financing, he's completely reversed. Meh, if I could vote, I'd vote for Ralph Nader, the quintessential candidate. He's been running every presidential election since what, 1980? He doesn't give up! Plus, he's completely oblivious to public opinion, as he hasn't seemed to notice that he just doesn't win! He can't take a hint from the public! Therefore, he won't be very susceptible to bribery, and his policy won't be influenced by the people. He won't change his strategy if some skyscrapers are bombed and people call for bloody war! Actually, I would most vote for him just because I don't like any of the current candidates.

I remember once reading a quote from Ben Franklin, that Americans were not like British, that they're more impulsive and violent. Maybe it's just that Americans are violent, maybe that's just the default instinct, that older countries like Britain and Germans have tamed, because they haven't gone through what Americans have in longer. Americans had to carve a new country out of the wild, they weren't able to sit around in comfort and become cultured. Americans had no use for culture. Maybe that's why Americans are the way they are. Besides, look at America. Some of the highest rates! Crime, violence, inflation, obesity, heart trouble, you name it... It exists. Kind of sad, really.

----------------
Now playing: R.E.M. - Man On The Moon
via FoxyTunes

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

PostPosted: June 30th, 2008, 4:51 am 
Forum Staff

No guns is a very very very bad idea. I could go into many details in scenario's in which that would screw over Americans, but have no fear. Due to the fact that we are permitted to have guns in the Bill of Rights, Obama would never be able to get a gun ban. It is very unlikely do to that fact. Not to mention....Consider how many Americans hunt each year...If guns were made illegal........just imagine the uprising that would ensue

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2008, 2:30 am 
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

Title: The Professional
When they mean banning guns, they mean hand guns and assault rifles. Shot guns will still be legal because of hunting and other various out door activities, so what would keep someone from running up with a 12 guage /w buck shot and blowing your body all to pieces? But like others have said, it wouldn't matter if they were illegal or not. The underground market would still be there just as it was during the times of Prohibition. Your not supposed to have weapons in prison, but inmates get knifes and razors all the time. JJ said it best, no criminal is gonna go up to a police officer and say they have a gun lol.

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!

PostPosted: July 19th, 2008, 4:30 pm 
Newcomer

This is very alarming, America was known for a little gun violance, being the biggest place in the world, that has alot of resources, Now they are allowed Hand Guns ? and some banks are allowed to give them guns when they Bank at that bank?!

had the world gone mad?
no. Its just america.

But soon, the whole world will be able to get these. if not stopped soon!

The threat is that any bog standed person could walk in and take a gun. have a play and then blow someones head off. thats bad.

Stop Terror : End Legalized Guns :

is all i have to say

~ Chris