World War 3 Countdown

Talk about anything you want, but keep it within the rules, please.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Re: World War 3 Countdown

Post by Bartimaeus »

Havok, havock, and havoc are all correct spellings of havoc(k).

Depending on where you live. It is correct, and you do realize, of course, this forum is located in GERMANY? Not America? And that there are tons of different cultures here with different spellings of the same word? Not everyone lives in America, you know.

This is digressing of course.
HyperK999999
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by HyperK999999 »

Ozzapoo wrote:That 2012 stuff is fake -.-
Prophecy = False
2012 = False

:D

u said 2012 = false??????? so does that mean that we won't make it to 2011??? lolz
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

I really don't care when we'll die or w/e it was.
The fact is, we all die ..
HyperK999999
Old Wrinkly Member

Post by HyperK999999 »

King-Bushido wrote:I really don't care when we'll die or w/e it was.

Wrong and Modern medicine and research can prove it. if only our government would allow stem cell research and stuff, there is probably medicine than can make you live forever.

The fact is there are evil people on this planet that doesn't want us to live forever.
Bartimaeus
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Post by Bartimaeus »

HyperK999999 wrote:
King-Bushido wrote:I really don't care when we'll die or w/e it was.

Wrong and Modern medicine and research can prove it. if only our government would allow stem cell research and stuff, there is probably medicine than can make you live forever.

The fact is there are evil people on this planet that doesn't want us to live forever.

AHAHAHAHAHAH, AHAHAHAHAHH!!!

Oh man, that was so funny.

What were you saying, now?
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

Hey Bart, split the topic, lol^^
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

HyperK999999 wrote:Wrong and Modern medicine and research can prove it. if only our government would allow stem cell research and stuff, there is probably medicine than can make you live forever.

You see, we don't allow stem cell research in the majority of cases because 1. Many people have issues with it, especially religious people, as it could be considered immoral, 2. We wouldn't live forever. We'd just be able to keep growing new cells, and so we could stay alive, but... 3. Does everyone really deserve to stay alive for that long? 4. If everyone lives for a very long time, then it won't be hard to... OVERPOPULATE! Population will explode... If you think we have food and water resources now, imagine when we have 6 billion people that will live huge amounts of time, having kids, their kids growing up, having kids... And the old ones still aren't dying... That's a lot of people. 5. Forever is quite a long time. Ever heard of ENTROPY?
I really hate it when people say stem cell research is the answer... Even if it were safe, moral, cheap, every other good attribute, even if we limit who gets it... Do you think things don't get stolen? The wrong people get their hands on it, and they're around for quite a while. And stay just the same. Heh, and life sentences! Man, that would be ranked up higher than the capital punishment and withdrawal of the stem cells as punishments from crime... Sitting in jail the rest of your life. With stem cell research to keep you alive... Yikes. Does it still sound like a good idea to try to stay alive forever?

On-topic: World War 3 is not coming soon, no matter how you put it. Things just aren't at this point. Have you ever heard the quote that's something like: "The present crises always looks like the worst in history so far, but when you look back at it afterward, it wasn't so bad after all."? It's like that. When you're in the middle of the events, it seems like nothing worse could have ever happened in history, but in retrospect, it really wasn't that bad. People have been saying World War 3 was coming soon since World War 2 ended! Especially with the Cold War, some people actually saw that as World War 3, but no shots were fired, just the threat of nuclear war. Albert Einstein put it all into one great quote: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Dekar
Forum Drunk

Post by Dekar »

Shamanno wrote:Start enjoying life,leave school,make a loan from the bank etc
cause u gonna die in 2012 xD
More exactly
11:11 pm 21.12.2012

They will make a lot of money from people who get the loans... -.-"
Don't pm me with Warcraft questions, this is a forum so just make a post!

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick
Senethior459
Forum Staff
Title: I Just Lost the Game

Post by Senethior459 »

Yeah... Everyone take out a loan and just spend without any intention of paying it back, because in 2012 you'll be dead... I seriously doubt that the world will come to an end 2012... It's just the end of one of the Mayan's super-long years, they didn't say the world is ending. Nibiru sounds more worrying, but I think we would notice something coming at the exact trajectory to pass us that closely in 2013. I don't think we wouldn't notice, and they did, all that time back without electronic instruments that could actually show things like that. And they didn't have orbital mechanics formulas to figure out if it really will get close enough.
My Warcraft III Tool Collection
If you want to chat/game with me:
Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle
Durchdringen
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor
Title: The Professional

Post by Durchdringen »

You can't live forever not even with advancements in science that will occur within 50 more years. I shall tell you why. Money! The only way to live forever and it's not even guaranteed, is to have money. A heart transplant in America will run you about $120,000 alone, this is excluding doctor fees, hospital fees, reabilitation(if you choose to accept). Your bill will climb to $250k-$300k over night. To fight cancer? Depends on what you have. Skin cancer will cost you about $50k after everything is said and done. Brain cancer? This will run about $150k after everything is said and done. The average income of the population is about 70K a year and this is cutting it high as the majority of the population currently is barely ahead of poverty which is rated at about 35K a year. Insurance, if you can afford the "good" not the "best" will pay about 1/4 of the bill, but your rates will go up and now you are paying them back and simply paying your full bill. The best will pay about 70% of the bill but you still end up paying it back, so it's a no-win situation to begin with.

Now let's spread your income. I'll put up some average rates and let's see where we get.

Gas... about a year ago the average family member would spend about $2500 a year on gas. That was when gas was about an average of $2.25. At the end of July your cost is expected to be 5.50. So let's just double that expense. Let's figure it's you and your spouse with gas. We now have $5000 gone out of your pocket.

Food... Average cost can be expected to be about $8000 dollars for a year. This is 3 meals a day 7 days a week and average sized people with a household of 4. Larger people/larger families will obviously cost more.

Payments... Car, House, Car Insurance, House Insurance, Health Insurance, Phone bills, Internet, TV, Water, Electric, we can go on and on.
Car Payment: Average will be about $140 a month for 5 years.
House Payment: About $250 a month for 30 years and this is an average house.
Car Insurance: Since you have a car payment you gotta have the full coverage rate: So it's about $140 a month. (Just 1 Car)
House Insurance: About $70 a month. This isn't including flood or earthquake. It's just a basic package.
Health Insurance: For a yourself... about $90 a month.
Phone Bills: About $20 a month, really depends on what services you have. This is just a phone line period, no caller-ID or fancy shit.
Internet: Again depends on what you get. Let's say you get high-speed medium package. $40 a month.
TV: Again depends on what you get. Basic is about $40 on both Satellite and Cable.
Water: About $35 a month.
Electric: About $120 a month. Really depends on the weather also.

Let's add up our budget!

Gas = $10,000
Food = $8000
Car = $1680
House = $13000
Car Insurance: $1680
House Insurance: $840
Health Insurance: $1080
Phone = $240
Internet = $480
TV = $480
Water = $420
Electric = 1440
-------------------
$39340

Remember this is without any fancy restaurants, going out for movies, sporting events, hanging out with your friends drinking. This is what it takes to just live at home and go to work and do nothing else.

So basically you will live a normal life if nothing out of the blue comes along and causes it to end short. But I can guarantee you that not everyone will live for ever, because the world = greedy and the cost of living will go up and the wages that you recieve will stay the same or go down. To sum it up, your SOL.
Do you support Durchdringen? If so, add the spoiler to your sig. Durch cares for you, so show your support for Durch!

Spoiler:
(broken image) Thanks for the support!